Argentine 105mm Recoilless Gun

I've recently acquired this ex Woolwich arsenal example of a Czekalski 105mm recoilless rifle bought back from the Falklands, which will be starting it's restoration shortly (mainly removing copious layers of NATO issue paint).

DSCF7824.jpg

I'm looking for any photographs or information about the mounting arrangements for the spotting rifle (a heavy barrel FAL mounted on top of the gun), the electrical firing mechanism and sighting system. I've managed to obtain some images from period publications and the internet, but they are not quite clear enough to make out the detail.

Any help gratefully received, or any other information relating to supporting equipment and service use.

DSCF7793.jpg

The Muckleburgh Collection has an ex Falklands Argentine 106, restore by by two REME bods I believe. Might be worth enquiring to see what they know about it or if they can put you in touch with said bods.....who may in turn know about the spotting rifle.........:nut:

Regards......Howard @ KFS

• 10 months later...

Hi

I also have a 105 recoileess gun from 1982, it was on my farthers farm (mount kent) until I recovered it 9 years ago. It does have the front mont for a FM rifle on it, I will take a photo and send you, also have a couple of the original stael 105 amo cassing for the gun as well.

Have had no luck in finding any manuals diagrams etc for these gund to date, but I beleive they had insert barrels for these guns so they could use 1/2 ich rounds for sighting instead of the 105. One of my freinds has one of these insert barrels, but at present he wont let it go (still working on him).

I am hoping to recover a 105 pack howitzar later this year from west Falklands which I hope to clean up fpr display, a local chap gave 2 of the original wheels with hubs last week he had them sitting in a container for the past 25 plus years.

kind regards

Kurt (FI):laugh:

• 6 years later...