Scratch-built AEC Dorchester with MMS Morris 8cwt PU

Neilie

Here are some photos of a recently completed vignette in 1/76 scale portraying a Dorchester and Morris 8cwt PU of the 2nd Armoured Division in Libya, 1941.

The Dorchester is scratch-built on the Airfix Matador chassis with wheels from Milicast. The Morris is MMS and modified somewhat to lengthen the cab area, add cab and storage bin details and build the canopy frame.

The two standing figures are from the Revell/Matchbox Monty's Caravan set, the seated officer is a Bull Models figure and the Morris driver is a Milicast figure. Table, chair, mug and satchel are all scratch-built. Transfers were made by Peter Marshall at Aleran.

Cheers,

Neil

DSCF0898.JPG

DSCF0903.JPG

DSCF0905.JPG

Edited by Neilie

Thanks Gents, for the nice comments. The interior was "lots of fun". It is basically complete with lockers, drawers, goose-neck lamps (3), radio with headset, table with 3 swivel chairs (should be 4 but is too crowded) and the front is fairly detailed as well, with drivers and passenger seats, etc. all of which of course, can't really be seen.....madness, I guess! I was fortunate enough to find some photos showing forward and rearward with all the detail so I just had to do it.

On the painting table right now is a scratch-built Guy FBAX Wireless of BEF period. I'll post some photos when complete.

Cheers,

Neil

Thanks, Timbo.....no mistake, it is Caunter. I use Mike Starmer's book, "The Caunter Scheme". It shows the patterns for the various vehicles, has colour chips for matching and suggested colour mixes for Humbrol Enamels. The WD colour numbers are #64 Portland Stone (Base Colour)/#34 Slate/#28 Silver Grey.

Cheers,

Neil

• 2 weeks later...