NOW RECOVERED. GMC Bolster Truck from W&P

mick.wilson

How about this for an idea chaps

If the police or what ever body covers the CCTV cameras on the roads and ports will not help due to cost involved ???.

As we are all in this hobby and share the same interest. Why not tell them we will pay for the footage ourselves and put these skumbags in the frame .

We need to pull together as one body on issues like this.

Pete

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it has been exported, I'd bet it'd be put into a container, so CCTV would be ineffective.

With the number of mainland European enthusiasts at W&P, I'd expect a "naked" truck to be noticed being trundled onto a ferry!

Bleep bleep.. words do not express the disgust we are feeling for this act. MV's tend to be more than just a car or truck but in many cases become 'family'.

I have contacted my friend Chuck Chriss, owner and webmaster of Olive-Drab.com in the US and advised him of the theft. He will no doubt keep a lookout as much as possible.

I would be canvasing all the shipping companies, scrappys and asking museums to put the international word out.

Best of luck team

Hi guys, gutted is the word that springs to mind here :(

Does the hop farm not have any CCTV which may show a passing low loader or do they know of any other private CCTV like the Bp garage up the road? Surely they can help as something like this can sour the taste for future years??

Dave

Hi guys, gutted is the word that springs to mind here :(

Does the hop farm not have any CCTV which may show a passing low loader or do they know of any other private CCTV like the Bp garage up the road? Surely they can help as something like this can sour the taste for future years??

Dave

good thinking.........worth looking up and down the road in any direction for privately owned CCTVs on shops/garages even private houses that may have had a glimpse of the low loader going by?...

you never know.........

.most crimes are solved by tiny little details rather than massive breakthroughs...gotta be all worth a go:undecided:

..........Also the Police have been mentioned as being not very interested......but can they be persuaded to allow inspection of any trafic junction footage of their CCTVs?

and......someone mentioned the Olympics?....

...how about a slight 'suggestion' to the police that the 50cals could relatively simply be made 'live' once again?.

..bet you'd get their attention then....

how about a slight 'suggestion' to the police that the 50cals could relatively simply be made 'live' once again

:shocked: Really!! we spend all our time convincing them they they are not easy to convert.. don't give them ammo to take our weapons of us..

I've just stumbled on the thread.

Re: the above, you should be honest about any issues with the authorities as responsible owners. Don't be idiots.

I really hope this lot gets recovered. I remember seeing a modern truck in wartime colours/stencilling in the public camping field on Friday on the way out.

If the known modern truck was in Medway for the duration, it may be worth seeing if that was a different one. If I remember right it had a peculiar looking low loader trailer behind it (if I'm remembering right it had some extra metalwork and a wooden rear body close to the hitch). Does this sound like the known one?

This happened recently: Piece of earthmoving plant taken 4.30am, through tunnel by 7am. Tracker device enabled French police to be alerted but they failed to stop it - this was achieved by Belgian police at border. But the low loader crew had what appeared to be legitimate paperwork for the haulage job, so police had no grounds to detain them. Piece of kit was confiscated, unloaded and low loader allowed to go.

You'd have thought they would at least have been questioned with regard to who supposedly gave them the haulage job - really does makes you wonder, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

uuuuuummmmm..lighten up a little there lads..;)...

I was only suggesting that if ..( that's a great big IF by the way ..you know a sort of sarcastic 'if'??? ....you know what I mean????? no???....ah well...)

.......IF.....you were to suggest to the Police that the stolen .50cals could be made to work again........ then they may POSSIBLY ....get a lot more interested in recovering them....

......my tongue was in my cheek ....and I would have thought there was a hint of sarcasm to my post understandable to most seeing as it had been suggested earlier in this post that the Police weren't that interested at all.......but never mind.

If the truck has past the Belgian border , then it wouldn't surprise me it was on the way to Eastern Europe , or further, Russia , Ukraine, ....

Remembers me of a similar case , by which an Armoured car , M 8 or M 20 has been stolen in the Ardennes, anyway to make a long story short , it has been detected by very alert border control people , just before crossing Ukrainian border . It was transported in a conventional lorry , manned by several drivers , to do the ride without any loss of time.

These are very organised people , all has been well planned , and once it has passed the border of former named country, it will be very difficult to recover

No CCTV at the Hop Far, the Security contractors have one at the gate near booking in that might of picked up something. There is a Council/Police? CCTV just after the railway bridge going into Paddock Wood that may of picked it up if it went that way.. they may of been stupid enough to fill up at the petrol station just down the road which would have CCTV..

Forum Theft Register coming soon...

I've just stumbled on the thread.

Re: the above, you should be honest about any issues with the authorities as responsible owners. Don't be idiots.

I really hope this lot gets recovered. I remember seeing a modern truck in wartime colours/stencilling in the public camping field on Friday on the way out.

If the known modern truck was in Medway for the duration, it may be worth seeing if that was a different one. If I remember right it had a peculiar looking low loader trailer behind it (if I'm remembering right it had some extra metalwork and a wooden rear body close to the hitch). Does this sound like the known one?

The transporter belonging to my friend, and to which I have referred, is not an artic. It is a green rigid beavertail Volvo with stars on the doors and front panel. There are several rigid and artic trucks painted in similar colour schemes which transport show vehicles to W&P and other major shows.

- MG

If the truck has past the Belgian border , then it wouldn't surprise me it was on the way to Eastern Europe , or further, Russia , Ukraine, ....

Remembers me of a similar case , by which an Armoured car , M 8 or M 20 has been stolen in the Ardennes, anyway to make a long story short , it has been detected by very alert border control people , just before crossing Ukrainian border . It was transported in a conventional lorry , manned by several drivers , to do the ride without any loss of time.

These are very organised people , all has been well planned , and once it has passed the border of former named country, it will be very difficult to recover

Now you might think i am being nieve here but are you honestly suggesting that there are gangs of well organised criminals who are planning raids to pinch a GMC truck from a show in the uk and spirit it away to to an ex eastern block country

I will stick to the idea it was someone who chanced it knowing its scrap value was a grand.

One other thing just because it was transported there dont mean it couldnt drive out under its own steam.

also as far as i know belgium has boarders with 4 countries france holland germany and luxumberg so are you suggesting these countries are lawless and and all hope is gone . (Although apart from a sign i dont know were the borders are)

Edited by cosrec

well ....whatever...all your thoughts....

.I am still pretty much shocked and very saddened by this theft....

..it's bloody awful that this should happen at a Military Vehicle show in the UK.....

....somebody somewhere knows who did this.............:-(

Hi Guy,

Everything has been reported to the police and dock authorities, I don’t think the police sound that interested in the truck or the equipment.

The gas 50cal can never be made live as they started life as crossfire model 50cal's that we converted to gas. The truck is being treated the same as a stolen car report it’s a wait and see if it turns up burn out (that’s it impression we got), I don’t think they will look at any CCTV.