New Zealand mosquito restoration

44 cargo

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see this getting so close to flight. Would love to see a fighter and bomber variant fly. Think this would have been better value for money to get another mosquito flying in GB rather than the Vulcan, though do love to see the Vulcan flying. Can't we get one flying. Where will it end up?

ISTR reading they had problems in the far east - so they introduced "tropicalized" versions , I suppose that was a lashing of Cuprinol 5 Star

Actually, the tropical problem was solved by an amazing new highly technical adhesive. It was called....Araldite! :-D

Were there mosquito remains at Ferrymead in the 80's? I'm trying to remember the story I was told - dragged out of someones farm barn on the Banks Peninsular? Does that ring any bells? Am sure I have photos somewhere!

I have not heard of a mosquito in ferry mead I know an old farmer had one in a shed in the Blenheim area the wings had been removed by a chainsaw. That was many years ago I don't know what ever happened to that - Charlie

You have a club house ??????? mmmmm thats interesting I am coming to the UK next year for W&P

There isn't a physical clubhouse.

Its more or less a joke that's been going on for years now.

Although at A&E Rcubed/Rosie 's tent turned into a bit of a clubhouse because they had a heater...

Charlie

According to my notes I took these photos in June 1991 at Ferry mead. Regards Robert

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66753[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]66754[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]66755[/ATTACH]

This could be the one I am thinking about I don't know of any other one in NZ except maybe a static exhibit in the RNZAF museum in Christchurch

:D yeah there must be another one being built somewhere

Crass i know but to be honest and all joking aside,when you compare the differences between the aircraft sat on it undercarriage and the sad remains of the one in the hanger it seriously shows how much pure graft has gone into the resoration.

Most of what i have done is a bit of welding and cutting, once done its done,but with a timber based aircraft.........quite frankly

i am left somewhat in awe of what has been achived.

Will be a delight to see in the air.......dont foget the utube vids!!!!!!!!

Regards

Tim

There isn't a physical clubhouse.

Its more or less a joke that's been going on for years ......

What? This is desperate news. I'm going to have to go and lie down for a while and take stock of the situation - and try to work out where I've been all this time. :???

What? This is desperate news. I'm going to have to go and lie down for a while and take stock of the situation - and try to work out where I've been all this time. :???

I know were you've been but couldn't bring myself to tell you....