Reporting Live from W&P 2012

Marmite!!

We will need some serious sunshine to dry the place out - I am going to have to wear wellies - I am on the Allied Forces stand for the week (Jim needed someone with boyish good looks to pull the punters in).

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Toe Rag has been at it already, they nicked a 50cal cover off Rex's GMC & tried to have the gun away too.. It was parked next to 3 occupied caravans at the time >:(

I feel this sort of thing very saddening. I had my own Brand New 9x9 Tent Stolen a couple of years back.

Until the show starts properly, it's almost like you would have to sleep in your vehicle to keep an eye on your kit!

Stay alert Guys!.....>:(

I feel this sort of thing very saddening. I had my own Brand New 9x9 Tent Stolen a couple of years back.

Until the show starts properly, it's almost like you would have to sleep in your vehicle to keep an eye on your kit!

Stay alert Guys!.....>:(

This is why I stay with friends as a group and we can keep an eye on all our vehicles.

We will need some serious sunshine to dry the place out - I am going to have to wear wellies - I am on the Allied Forces stand for the week (Jim needed someone with boyish good looks to pull the punters in).

but he couldnt find one so has had to rely on Lovejoy help

Hi all - just popped home for a shower - why - because I can.

The mud - umm - sorry chaps but those who think it will dry out are going to be very disappointed.

The problem is the water has nowhere to go and the ground is fully saturated. Unless we have two weeks of sunshine at 80 degrees - War and Peace 2012 will be wet and very muddy.

As I drove out this morning a Scammell was winching a Brockhouse trailer out of the mud on one of the roads opened up due to the weather. All the normal tracks have been closed off as they are impassable.

It would seem common sense doesn't apply to some MV owners and they have far too much hope in their 4 wheel drive vehicles so the main tracks are closed off.

The poor chap with the Brockhouse had used the track that had been opened up only to find himself sinking in the mud. It wasn't his fault as the track looked passable.

The only vehicles that are able to move about are light wagons - anything heavy is suffering.

The chap I was trying to get out of the bog yesterday was, erm - how can I say this - a little foolish.

To cut a long story short -

His mate with an articulated unit got stuck so he tried to pull him out with a straight bar - they both got stuck. They then attached a G wagon to both and he got stuck too................. are you getting the picture.

I came along with my Ranger and towed the cargo truck onto the grass area.

I then went and brought the Ward out to play. The artic unit could not be towed out due to the soft ground the Ward sat on so we decided to winch it out.

Whilst we were attaching the winch rope to the artic - matey in the cargo truck decided to drive off the grass area straight into a bog and sank to his axles. Honestly - there is no helping some people.

In the end a Bedford came along and pulled him out and the chap with the artic was pulled to his plot by a tank in the evening.

I don't mind the mud - but it does ruin the show and public numbers will be down if it doesn't improve.

I think the best we can hope for will be muddy conditions but not as bad as it is at the moment.

As for the site drying out - forget it - its not going to happen.

Right - I'm back off to the site as the ARRV arrives this afternoon.

Markheliops

This is why I stay with friends as a group and we can keep an eye on all our vehicles.

We also stay as a group but camp either side of one of the roads as it give you a chance to look over two camps without them being too big, it's amazing how many times you have to walk over and ask people to stop poking/climbing/picking bits up although it does help camping with a 6 year old German Shepherd dog called Ben who can be a bit intimidating at first!

Hope everyone on site is starting to dry out and nice to meet you Markheliops on sat, hope that once you get Shrek down those narrow roads to your camp the ground has hardened up a bit.

last year even the tracks around the various fields were bad after rain took the 4x4 isuzu out for a run round one evening got so bad around where heliops was camping with the mud that there were few moments where was not sure if would be able to make it back best vehicle would be 4x4 fiat panda with mud terrain tires on it ! weighs nothing u see!

Hmmm, light vehicle with great off road capabilities you say, perhaps something fibreglass with all the unnecessary bits lopped off, like roof and windows, with ooh, I don't know... tracks would be clever....now if only someone could build such a beast :cool2:

Hmmm, light vehicle with great off road capabilities you say, perhaps something fibreglass with all the unnecessary bits lopped off, like roof and windows, with ooh, I don't know... tracks would be clever....now if only someone could build such a beast :cool2:

An air cushion would be even better - bring back the military hovercraft!

Andy

Mud & water everywhere.. my poor little KA doesn't like it, had to be pulled off site & then pulled back to my pitch again.. Fox had no problem getting across the site.. the exit bridge between the two Monkton fields is locked due to safety issues....

Photos tomorrow, I have an appointment with a pint or two :beer:

@ Neil.. don't try to get to our plot with the OT.. take it straight into Americas if you can..

Well just looking at the pics and seeing the weather forecast tonight and the news that there is no let up in the rain forthe next few weeks then after 25 years this may be one year that I give it's miss. Nothing worse than sitting in a rain sodden mud fillled field for a week. Despite the interest in MV,s I could think of better places I would rather be.