Reporting Live from W&P 2012

Marmite!!

more easy to clean,more stabile with blowing over.

those four sided mini sheds "blow"over my site supervisor found out. i pushed him over and the toilet landed on its door.

thats why they made them diffirent, and should be better with the smell.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is usually one of my favourite threads on here - it really gets me in the mood for W&P - but this is quite worrying. We're looking to go down to Beltring, as usual, next Saturday but it really needs to dry out a lot before then!

The whole site is fairly low lying (I remember seeing it in the 1968 floods when I was 4!) and the River Medway forms part of the boundary so it's no surprise that it gets a bit wet, but how wet would it have to be before they cancelled the show?!

A massive fingers crossed job for some drier weather this week!!

This is usually one of my favourite threads on here - it really gets me in the mood for W&P - but this is quite worrying. We're looking to go down to Beltring, as usual, next Saturday but it really needs to dry out a lot before then!

The whole site is fairly low lying (I remember seeing it in the 1968 floods when I was 4!) and the River Medway forms part of the boundary so it's no surprise that it gets a bit wet, but how wet would it have to be before they cancelled the show?!

A massive fingers crossed job for some drier weather this week!!

Peter,

I was down by the Medway yesterday, and the river level was not that bad, I suspect that Lee is near the stream that flows past the shower block and down alongside Monktons fields. We will await further info. The Americas Field was in very good shape on Sat morning.

Peter,

I was down by the Medway yesterday, and the river level was not that bad, I suspect that Lee is near the stream that flows past the shower block and down alongside Monktons fields. We will await further info. The Americas Field was in very good shape on Sat morning.

Correct Richard.. this is the one that overflowed.. down by the showers the water was over the footbridge..

If people have common sense & keep vehicle movement to a minimum & were capable of driving their vehicle properly (Unlike the guy Mark had to help out) then the ground should be ok when it dries off..

it will dry out and even if it does i remember the mud of a few years ago it was still a cracking show just need boots or wellies lol

this will be year number 15 for me so looking forward to it no matter the weather lol

Year 15 for me too, I really wish the weather picks up a bit. It's no fun having to pick all the mud out of the wheels and tracks... I remember doing that in 2007 and I think there's still mud in the Spartan from that year!

Chris