Reporting Live from W&P 2012

Marmite!!

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get earlier every year don't they, on the 14th we are coming down with the WC54 and halftrack on a low loader, will they have to be unloaded at the booking in point or can we go to our pitch or is it weather dependant? Just asking as normally we drive everything down but the halftrack has changed a few things :laugh: also any hints on loading a halftrack (front wheel drive engaged I guess).

Cheers

Steve

Could someone stake out a claim for me, my family, forum member Ashley and friend Mat?

In more or less the usual spot? Please.

We'll probably have some 4-5 vehicles.

A sign saying "Brit/Dutch Vehicle Group" would be nice...

We'll start arriving Sat 14 July. So not one of those group who arrive only for the actual Beltring weekend in a Jeep while claiming space for a fleet of vehicles...

THANKS.

Edited by Enigma

I live in East Peckham now, 5 minutes from the Hop Farm.

I walk the dog in the Hop Farm and to my surprise there are 3 plots marked out already.

Personally, I think it would be fair to everyone if the first thing the marshals do when the gates officially open is to remove all the plots that have somehow sprang up even before people are allowed in.

I know there are arguments for and against marking plots out but to be marking areas even before we are allowed in is a bit below the belt.

Let's face it - I could have been marking a plot out in December but I won't be doing anything until I'm officially allowed in. When I arrive Saturday, I shall find an area and set up camp there and then.

Markheliops

I walk the dog in the Hop Farm and to my surprise there are 3 plots marked out already.

Personally, I think it would be fair to everyone if the first thing the marshals do when the gates officially open is to remove all the plots that have somehow sprang up even before people are allowed in.

I know there are arguments for and against marking plots out but to be marking areas even before we are allowed in is a bit below the belt.

Let's face it - I could have been marking a plot out in December but I won't be doing anything until I'm officially allowed in. When I arrive Saturday, I shall find an area and set up camp there and then.

Markheliops

I do agree but experience says otherwise.

We allways arrive the weekend before finding everything staked out and a LOT of times people only show up in the actual weekend, sometimes only 1 vehicle for a spot the size of a football field.

I guess I also need to ask to reserve a spot way to early.

I would be happy enough to take a spot on arrival but that seems to be impossible.

So I'll have to join those that can't be beaten.....

Markheliops

Mark

I dont think marked out plots would be too much of a problem for Shrek to deal with would they... ;)

Look like tank traps will have to see if they work :-D

OT-90 and probably the Landie (saves fuel) coming down via Ovendens on the 10th - I'll be there on the 14th for the duration.... :D

I notice Lee never showed you all the new look loo's....

20120705_141430.jpg

Mark,

I've been told that this has happened the last few days & the next day the ropes & posts have been removed by the Hop Farm Staff.. going for a walk in a bit will report back.. a couple turned up last night to mark out & were turned away.

A months worth of rain forcast for today & heavy rain for the next few days.. been raining here during the night.

Markheliops

The pitch in outer Moinktons has gone.. there are guys all over the place clearing the site so I suppose they are just clearing anything left on the fields.. people must rember that Rex doesn't take over the site until the weekend..

Weather can't make it's mind up today.. rain & sun..

Some photos from around the site..

New this year.. Footpath signs everywhere

DSC_0242.jpg

The footpaths shut for 22 days.. this ends tomorrow..

DSC_0250-1.jpg

Americas Field..

DSC_0247-1.jpg

DSC_0248-1.jpg

DSC_0249-1.jpg

DSC_0244-1.jpg

DSC_0245-1.jpg

More soon..

The first of many Jeeps to arrive..

DSC_0253.jpg

A couple more arrived today..

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

Yesterday there was a temporary bridge here on the exit from Monktons.. gone today..

DSC_0232.jpg

The existing bridge has seen better days..

8ed8871c.jpg

The Village being constructed in the Arena

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg