Some snaps from A&E 2012.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting moment here with the Dear Leader's daughter developing a following. Actually, we were all heading to the farm shop where damned fine roast pork baguettes could be found. The pub was packed and the Londis had closed down. What a shame. Martinstown is a nice village. An elderly lady stopped me to describe what it had been like there in 1944 with all the Yanks in town. She described our presthence as "queer". She didn't like it and she didn't dislike it. What she made of us, I do not know, but I think in general we got a very good reception. Jack got on the telly...there's always the 'off' botton...

DSC_6541.jpg

Nearly time to leave. The son and heir looking a bit tired. Not enough beer. Forgot to mention the earlier shot of our newest Mod. What a fine example she sets. The guy on the horse was really cool the way he picked his way through the crowd like it was an every day occurance. Fantastic moments... and who is that flat out on the grass?

DSC_6548.jpg

DSC_6549.jpg

DSC_6554.jpg

DSC_6556.jpg

DSC_6557.jpg

Forgot to mention the earlier shot of our newest Mod. What a fine example she sets.

I was holding it for someone.......................................................:angel:

Liberating Dorchester gave me a chance to catch up with my old friend Mike who has just opened a shop in the town. He is a watch dealer and thanks to him I have a 1916 "trench" wristwatch which belonged to a RAMC medic from the 1st West Riding Field Ambulance which I treasure. It's quite delicate - so he helped me get it tweaked in Dorch, then James and I went for some cake. Prior to this we had been to a lock-in at a shop belonging to another convoy participant where we enjoyed some red wine. Only on A & E! Fantastic fun.

Here's James enjoying his Victoria sponge.

DSC_6656.jpg