Cromwells in the UK?

Carruthers

Does anyone know if there are any running examples of Cromwells in the UK? I know of a few in the country but am pretty sure none of them are runners. There was one used in Band of Brothers I seem to rememeber, is that based over here?

Any ideas guys!?

as far as i remember rr services supplied 2 cromwells,converted back from ex finnish chariotears ,cromwell turrets removed from range wrecks and restored,the 3rd was a centuar,wheather they are still in this country i do not know , hope that helps

About 18 months ago, a Cromwell (Charioteer converted back) weekended outside my workshop, it was being transported to a museum at Bastogne if I recollect. Came from Norfolk way.

The Centaur used in BofB was at the time owned by Denis Roberts.

Cromwell (A27M) – Heintz Barracks, Bastogne (Belgium)

would that be the one ? picture in link on previous post

I believe there is a plan to have a freshly restored runner at W&P in a few weeks, other than that I am not sure, I have never seen one running. The vehicles themselves are not VERY rare, but runners most certainly are! The one at Bastogne was a very basic conversion with the turret chopped about to suit the large Charioteer turret ring...shame on them if they cut up original Cromwell turrets.

Edited by ajmac

i was hoping to get my cromwell done for beltring but even if the hull is up and running by then there's still too much to do on the turret so it's not going to happen this year.

the centaur hull is next years project :cool2:

rick