Normandy 2014

rampant rivet

Calling all WD Norton Motorcycle owners Yes I know 2014 is a way off but I thougt it would be nice to see if we can get a few more Nortons over to France to represent the more than 100,000 Wd Nortons produced in WWII so watch this space I hope to contact Ian Wright to obtain more info which I'll post on here soon.

Heres a taster from 2009

101_0428.jpg

lining up for the world record attempt

101_0417.jpg

battery longue

101_0433.jpg

on the beach at Arromanche

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I was helping Ian all along with the 65 for 65 event and I've already booked the camping field for 2014. But your nick name doesn't indicate who you are, but we must have met! And yes 16H's were thin on the ground.

Ron Pier

I'm tempted to go again myself...and on the 16H.......haven't been over since 2006 for a variety of reasons, though the last time was on a 16H......:)

I am at least proud to have been amongst the small group of us that started going over (staying at the Hillman bunker near Coleville Montgomery) around 2000-2001...........happy times ! Sadly, a couple of our founder riders who were there then are no longer with us........

Ah one of the founders of the NOBS? I ride with them often, but I'm not allowed to be a NOBS as I've never camped at the Coleville sites.......But I'll get over it!

2014 will be the one not to miss Steve. Your newly married status will have worn off a bit by then! Vee will probably be glad to see the back of you for a few days!!

Ron the tactful.

Ah one of the founders of the NOBS? I ride with them often, but I'm not allowed to be a NOBS as I've never camped at the Coleville sites.......But I'll get over it!

2014 will be the one not to miss Steve. Your newly married status will have worn off a bit by then! Vee will probably be glad to see the back of you for a few days!!

Ron the tactful.

She will certainly see the back of me........apparently she'll be on the pillion......:D

Couldn't be better! A built in tea lady!! It's not me sleeping with her, so I don't care!!

Ron the tactful again.

I must remember that Vee will be on the back.......she's rather petite, all 4'10" of her, and you just don't notice she's there (until you get a rather sharp dig in the ribs...:-()..........bloody back-seat drivers........:-D

• 4 weeks later...

Just adding to the thread, my brother and me are intending to be at Normandy 2014 (for the first time!) but we will both be Matchless mounted (his G3L, mine G3WO). Unfortunately mine is in civilian trim, done by the Egyptians after WW2, and I'm too idle to re-militarise it until a full rebuild/restoration is required. Don't worry, I'll hide at the back! ;)

Sorry Billy. All bikes attending the Guinness record event, Will have to be WW2 allied forces in military trim. You have 2 years to re-paint it. Just lean it against a wall and chuck a bucket of paint at it. I have been told that this is the way it was done???????

Ron

The plan this end is for me to buy a WWII British bike and if Ron lets me I would like to join you all in 2014.

One of the highlights of W&P was bumping into Stefano for the first time and learning an awful lot about British bikes :D

The plan this end is for me to buy a WWII British bike and if Ron lets me I would like to join you all in 2014.

One of the highlights of W&P was bumping into Stefano for the first time and learning an awful lot about British bikes :D

No problem Jack. We'll be pleased to have you, and it's more exhilarating than driving a Jimmy.........You will have to get your hair cut though. Ron

Perfect Ron and stunning bike you have there.

I passed my bike license when I was 17 and used to ride big bikes but decided to get off them when the family arrived :angel: Have been looking at a bike for a while but ££££ is getting in the way but next year is the year of the Mans Bike and think its about time the British were as represented as the Yanks.

GAME ON.