• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still recovering. Jack, was that photo of you with the Prince an old photo? If not I need to know your youth secrets:cool2:

YEAH!!!!

............................................................................:blush:

Well what fun it's been down here today (nothing like Wales I know) A27 been flooded all day and is still closed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339430114.857657.jpg

Only just stopped raining here about an hour ago, it's now high tide (luckily they're not too high at the moment 4.23m)

We are still on an amber warning for flooding. Hope everyone else is safe, do we have any members in Aberystwyth??

Take care everyone, oh and let's get this weather out the way before next week!!!!!!!!!

Well what fun it's been down here today (nothing like Wales I know) A27 been flooded all day and is still closed

[ATTACH]62918[/ATTACH]

Only just stopped raining here about an hour ago, it's now high tide (luckily they're not too high at the moment 4.23m)

We are still on an amber warning for flooding. Hope everyone else is safe, do we have any members in Aberystwyth??

Take care everyone, oh and let's get this weather out the way before next week!!!!!!!!!

How come its flooded.

Is it just the rain draining into 1 point or seawater from high tide?

Well, just down the coast in south Kent, we had a bit of light drizzle in first part of the morning then warm sunshine until 5pm. ;)

If I blow hard enough you can have some!!!! I really don't mind sharing, honest!!!!!:cool2:

well the cubed one rang to say he was leaving work at 4pm (an hour and half away in TomTom time) by 5pm he was about 10 miles away, but on the wrong side of the flood from home. He eventually arrived at cubed towers at 6.30 after driving through knee deep water that had poured through peoples homes :embarrassed:

The rain must be bad. Thames Water have just announced a lifting of the Hose Pipe Ban from Thursday 14th June!!! I can now wash the dust/mud off from Beltring in July.

Don't worry.

I'll do my famous sun dance. :banana:

B*G OFF!!!! Acording to the Met Office you lot in Europe are hogging the Jet Stream , which is currently doing a U Turn around the Britsh Isles, leaving us in Artic air. If it had been winter we'd be under 10 Meters of snow, which would have at least led to some excitment on the Olympic Torch Relay. Any way, Thames' Water say I can use a hosepipe tomorrow! So if it stops raining I can get the pressure washer out! :noyay:

B*G OFF!!!! Acording to the Met Office you lot in Europe are hogging the Jet Stream , which is currently doing a U Turn around the Britsh Isles, leaving us in Artic air. If it had been winter we'd be under 10 Meters of snow, which would have at least led to some excitment on the Olympic Torch Relay.

:pfrt:

Just putting the finishing touches to the GMC high water flotation devices, you know like the land rover ones, only thing is they are quite big but should be ok if I need them. Will need volentears to take turns to blow them up though :nut:

Well imagine it being 30 degrees Celsius from now on till after A&E, no way the tanks would be allowed out then. Asphalt would be too weak to hold it. As long as it's dry, but I know that's asking for a lot.

According to two Britsh Newspapers the Metro and Daily Mail. Metro major 50 year storm and 54 hour Met office Weather Warning issued. Six inches of rain expected over weekend. And the Daily Mail, Summer will arrive in September. Give us back our Jetstream!!!