• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schrodinger' s CAT !!!!! :D

Tony you'll have to humour me on this one. Who the hell is Schrodinger? What is he? Some sort of footballer, racing driver, golfer, someone from a "talent" show, politician, fashion icon? Sorry I have no idea.

Anyway, the box is too small for a pussy cat or a catalytic convertor even

Am I right in thinking that whatever goes inside may not need any access for maintenance and such, as there is no quick way in, only by unscrewing the end and screws can be lost.

Correct

Incidentally the handle is not so much for the convenience of carrying it but for extracting it from its mounting bracket.

Tony you'll have to humour me on this one. Who the hell is Schrodinger? What is he? Some sort of footballer, racing driver, golfer, someone from a "talent" show, politician, fashion icon? Sorry I have no idea.

Anyway, the box is too small for a pussy cat or a catalytic convertor even

It's a 'thought experiment', Schrodinger proposed that you put a cat in a box. Also is the box is a phial of poision, and a radioactive scource. The radiactive decay is random, and will activate the poision. The box is sealed and opening the box can change the system. So is the cat alive or dead? Or just totally **** off at being stuck in a box!

It's a 'thought experiment', Schrodinger proposed that you put a cat in a box. Also is the box is a phial of poision, and a radioactive scource. The radiactive decay is random, and will activate the poision. The box is sealed and opening the box can change the system. So is the cat alive or dead? Or just totally **** off at being stuck in a box!

Oh that's relief, a weirdo then. I thought you were going to show me up by saying that he was number one in the hit parade or something.

Contains potential sparking equipment for use in a explosive environment - the spark is quenched by the perforation holes before it escapes and blows the munitions factory up ..

An ingenious one Tony but nope.

I thought by now someone would have suggested it contains the "mother flame" for the Olympic torch when it gets blown out yet again :D

Is it effectively a key or switch, that enables something to operate when it's plugged in?

John

Not in that sense John. Something fits into the box & makes contact with brass strips that in turn connect to contacts in a mounting bracket that has already been mentioned.

Anyone got a likely date for this?

Not in that sense John. Something fits into the box & makes contact with brass strips that in turn connect to contacts in a mounting bracket that has already been mentioned.

Anyone got a likely date for this?

Could it be a speaker? As for period, well, 1914-18 as a wild card

Could it be a speaker? As for period, well, 1914-18 as a wild card

Richard not a speaker. Probably used in 1914-18, the document is dated 1909.

Here is the bracket the case fits into.

App3077a.jpg

Intrinsically safe morse-key ,,

I assume you are thinking of the thing on the top? That is a 'flap' which I think operates a gripping mechanism for wires.

The mystery item that fits in the case itself is not a Morse key either.