2012-05-12 ‘Somewhere In England’ - Bassingbourn Airfield - Cambridgeshire - UK

Dropped by the show for an hour or so yesterday morning (the need to revise for an exam getting in the way of taking my own vehicle >:(). The gods were smiling after the rubbish weather recently and it was dry and sunny :), although perhaps a little cold. The aim of this years show is to raise money to restore the Control Tower.

-

2988060610099353463S600x600Q85.jpg

-

Photos can be viewed here: http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/582790117KndnBG?start=0

Kind regards to all

Vulture

I went to and had a thoroughly enjoyable day spent with my 3 year old girl, some excellent live big band music, some good quality MV's and an historic venue that you would struggle to better.

My visit to USAAF Station 121 - Bassingbourn, some 20 years ago to meet the veterans of the 91st Bomb Group (Heavy) was something that set me on a path for the future. It was great to go back again and dwell on the fine memories and friends made at that old airfield some two decades ago and also to take my daughter along with me for a fun day out in the Spring sunshine!

Well done East Anglian Aviation Society for putting on such a great event and well worth the entrance fee.