Your user name, what does it mean...?

Jack

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i joined the army straight from school at the tender age of 16. after several months of basic training my mind thought i was a muscle bound god and i strutted around as such but my body was still 9 stone soaking wet so the rest of the guys nicknamed me eddy8men because i thought i had the body of 8 men. still it could have been worse they could have called me dick !

i use my real name now because when i meet other forum members i couldn't remember what name i had told them and things were getting confusing and it doesn't take much to confuse me.

rick

I started on forums, with the now defunct, "Panzer Aces". Since in some circles, having an interest in WW2, tanks & the like, can get you a label as a Nazi Lover, I picked my pseudonym of Pzkpfw-e. This in german nomenclature, indicates a captured & reused English afv!

Since the original post I have since changed my "name". It used to be fv1620 as a mark of respect to a vehicle I had in my care for 14 years. It was sad to see it go & at the time I didn't want to keep reminding myself of the loss.

So I changed to fv1609 to indicate my enthusiasm for the FV1609 I now own. (The use of small case letters is simply to avoid having to press the key shift button when logging in!)

It is often not realised that the FV1609 is the real Armoured Humber Mk 1

App3029.jpg

The production Pig commonly referred to as Mk 1 is in fact the real Mk 2, as can be seen from the plate below.

App3030.jpg

The plate above was removed from a scrap Pig that as it happened had later been up-armoured. But the plate pre-dates up-armouring as the Asset Code is not that for an up-armoured Pig & indeed the Asset Code constructed 6-2-3 digits pre-dates the 1967 system when it changed to 4-4 digits.

'Redherrings'... the name seemed apt for a cobbled-together footy team whose members seem to collect more than their share of injuries during the season. The internet-based 'Toyota Dream Team Competition' is an Australian national passtime - 1st game of the AFL season this Friday... Go cats (and err redherrings). Wish me luck. Robert

When I used to come home from work (my 1st job when I left school was in engineering works), my mum used to say "hey, oilyboy, get off my nice clean chairs in those oily clothes!", so the name kind of got reserected when I bought the Saracen, for obvious reasons.... 'oily' is just the shortened version...

live in work clothes (occasionally changing into a freshly washed set of an evening :)) as never far away from dirty jagged things and having grown tired of ruining decent jeans etc. carrying batteries I didn't know were leaking, squeezing past sharp metal objects, just reaching in under to ... ahhh, there's some oil there!

added the extra 'r' as someone had already nabbed the normal spelling when changing an ebay user id - stuck with it for this place

Self Explainatory really!...........Except I no longer own a Ferret now! Ha,Ha!

Though still called upon to give advice & hands on repairs occasionaly.

Fixed/Repaired Quite a 'Few' when I was in Service though! :angel:

Changed my Trade a few years later, & liked to work on Totaly different Equipments!.............:)

Rosie-well its my name!!!

r-cubed- I will let him explain!

Well I'm still Rosie!!! but at work one child has called me strawberry, another calls me raisin and my favourite is a little child calls me gozeberry (not gooseberry)!!!

sharky comes from from my teens when i chased anything that wore a skirt, my mates said i was like a circling shark when a pretty girl was in the pub ...:angel:

least thats the clean version it is shortened from sharky pervis ...:red:

My dear friend Richard N. asked me what my family name Spoelstra means. Well, I told him: Spoel- = spool, -stra is a similar addition like "mc". Since that day I am known as McSpool among certain English friends.

Hanno

when i first found hmvf i wanted to remain anonymous so a certain member who is now banned didnt know who i was , this allowed me to have quite a few heated discussions on various subjects without being found out for several months :-D

N P Timber were the former owners of my first matador bought 25 years ago

Crippy...... Well it was that or Spongly or Hopalong all fits I have a genetic disorder called HSP which affects the nervous system from the feet up, lets hope I am too old or dead by the time it gets to the nether region.

But it will not beat me, whatever it throws up me and the boss, her indoors, she who must be obeyed etc will beat it or infact work round it.