• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I quick (very careful:sweat:) look on Wikipedia tells me a Butt is (amongst quite a range of other things :shocked:) a practice target for archery. Is that along the right lines?

If so I still can't picture what they are up to.

No archery. Another clue coming up.

In the immortal words of Blackadder just a stab in the dark ! Could it be used by infantry against cavalry to unseat a rider ? I'll get me coat ! :nut:

It could be I suppose but not the intention.

Is it the method used when carrying parts of a dismantled gun carriage over rough terrain ? :-D

I see what you mean but this isn't the real purpose of this equipment. Some of you may not be aware that I have a modern equivalent of this equipment here. Andy you might have even seen something similar.

This may or may not help.

App3042.jpg

Thank goodness ! Now I can go to bed without lying there thinking of answers ! Goodnight Clive ! Some of us have to get up for work you know !:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes you can certainly sleep contented tonight & that was the man who was ready to get his coat!

Well got Andy!

Clive we need illustrations, we still don't get what's supposed to happen...:nut: well I don't anyway..

Ok Bernard I know you like to follow things up, I'll post the procedures up but it does seem rather complicated for a straightforward assault with ladders. I'll do some scanning.