2 x AEC Matador Gun Tractors

Ian L

A member from our North Oxfordshire & Cotswolds MVT club has taken on the massive task of restoring not 1 but 2 AEC Matador lorries.

The first one is a 1945 Matador Gun Tractor complete with original rear body but converted to a snowplough/gritter, salt and time have taken their toll.

The second one is a 1942 Gun Tractor which missing its rear body and converted to a civilian recovery vehicle.

Both vehicles were found in Aberdeen and transported back to Oxfordshire last year.

006.jpg

007.jpg

With the body removed and sheeted up outside for later the cab/chassis is shoe horned into 'Scotts' engineering workshop (note the ceiling removed to gain assess)

The rear chasis is shot blasted and primed one section at a time due to limited space.

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted some photos of the 2 aec's that you are restoring in my album AEC on my profile page. I am really looking forward to seeing them come back to life again. Keep up the good work.

:-) Lynn

Edited by Lynn menard

• 1 year later...
Hiya,

Just wondered how the restoration was going. Any more pics yet.

Lynn:-)

Hi Lynn,I will endeavour to get some more pics on,works been tough the last 6 months but I have most of the back end painted and ready to assemble,the back of the cab is back on and I am currently making a new floor prior to doing the wood round the drivers door,so progress but slow.hope you are well,all the best scott.

• :-)

• 8 months later...