No Email Notifications of New Posts/Relies.

Scotch Harry

Any ideas please why i dont get email notifications when a reply is posted to a thread im subscribed to please?

Thanks

That's because you are using a Hotmail account.. http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?29114-New-Members-Hotmail-Problem

If you PM me an alternative email address (not hotmail/msn) I'll change it for you.

Edited by Marmite!!

Must be something new as I've received notifications on my hotmail account right upto a few days ago.

About 5 weeks, very few are getting through, we are on a msn/hotmail blackilst, we are still waiting to be put back on the whitelist. Both Joris & myself have test accounts which we use several times a day to see if mail is getting through.

Same happened for me, although the odd one comes through.

The problem is my end. I've found I only get the notifications when I'm on the phone but not when on the PC. The PC has Mailwasher set to delete spam automatically & without me having to see it. It turns out that HMVF is on my black list together with someone who I thought was ignoring me!

Thanks for the replies and glad to see it isnt just me:embarrassed:

Being a total novice when it comes to computers,would there be any way i could do something with my hotmail account to allow emails from HMVF?

Many Thanks

Until Hotmail removes us from their blacklist there's nothing that can be done with Hotmail to make receive email from HMVF.

Sign up for a free Gmail account (or similar) https://accounts.google.com/SignUp

Then let us know your new email address & we'll get it changed.

Edited by Marmite!!

Er no nothing you can do till Hotmail / MSN admits HMVF back onto its good list. At the moment it must be being flagged as spam or an email account / website thats a no no.

Yes we know that.. that's why we have filled in all the relevant forms to get us back on the Whitelist... weeks later & NO reply yet..

It looks to me as though all notifications come from one address then such as notifications@hmvf? Change the address and it should start getting through.

We had similar in a local political party. Two or more disgruntled ex-members reported the groups e-mails as spam. MSN/ Hotmail blocked the address.

Two ways around it:

a. Change the address.

b. Allocate each member an e-mail address automatically at HMVF and sent notifications from that address. Then if I report merlin@hmvf for spam then clive@hmvf, jack@hmvf or lee@hmvf would still get thier notifications.

For @hmvf to be blocked would mean MSN/ Hotmail suspect something very, very naughty to have been happening.

Asking MSN/ Hotmail to unblock is probably going to fall on death ears.

It looks to me as though all notifications come from one address then such as notifications@hmvf? Change the address and it should start getting through.

We had similar in a local political party. Two or more disgruntled ex-members reported the groups e-mails as spam. MSN/ Hotmail blocked the address.

Two ways around it:

a. Change the address.

b. Allocate each member an e-mail address automatically at HMVF and sent notifications from that address. Then if I report merlin@hmvf for spam then clive@hmvf, jack@hmvf or lee@hmvf would still get thier notifications.

For @hmvf to be blocked would mean MSN/ Hotmail suspect something very, very naughty to have been happening.

All @hmvf.co.uk mail, no matter what the prefix is getting blocked..

Asking MSN/ Hotmail to unblock is probably going to fall on death ears

There is a way, just waiting for it to run it's course

The Junk Mail Reporting program is a service developed for commercial mailers and e-mail administrators. If you cannot send e-mail to Hotmail customers, you can create a support request on the MSN Support Home page at

https://support.msn.com/default.aspx?productkey=edfsmsbl&st=1&wfxredirect=1