Saracen UK owners Club?

Rich C

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi Rich!, looks like I'm the 1st!, ...... I've owned my Mk 5 since 2005, and have been interested in them since I was 7 or 8, -I'm now 43! ..... I bought mine for £2000 as a non-runner and gradually restored/decommissioned it to presentable roadworthyness by the September of 2007. I use it for shows, etc, and over the last 3 years, I was using it for Prom-Transport...Weddings etc. I'm currently about to re-install the engine, after having replaced the centre seal on the fluid flywheel, - a VERY involved job! . Now what do you need photos of? ...as my particular vehicle is almost totally complete. I'm not aware of a U.K. Saracen Owners Club, but we could always start one!, I have most manuals and publications too, so ask away! .....

I have just put an engine back in a Saracen, complete with new flywheel seal. Any way I can help, just ask.

Reg

Reg,

Is there a trick to get the oil pipe engine to oil tank off? I am trying to get the oil tanks out ready for engine out, would like to undo at the engine rather where the pipe goes into the tank. Is there a special tool?

Thanks richard

Richard, Oily is right, it is awkward. If you undo the two bottom tank mounting bolts you can get a bit of extra clearance. It also helps to remove the hydraulic tank and pump first.

Reg

Thanks All

Engine is now out and about to take gearbox out, looking at slinging a chain across inside as the old side visor hinges are big enough for a shackle to fit in (MK6/7). then lift from the chain to get a plank under the gearbox and transfer box. That is the plan!

Rich C