Is this a BEDFORD QL box ?

Ian L

Hello Ian.

If possible can you send my some more pictures and measurements of this box as I need to replicate two of thees for my QL.

Guy

Hi Guy I won it on ebay for £20 and the seller only lives about 10 miles from me, will email photos/measurements ASAP. Ian

Hello,

That box isn't from a QLD, the QLD toolboxs have flat doors and a cross pressed in the sides, also they have a leather strap on the door to hold it open, that looks like one from a QL tanker, this picture shows it quite clearly.

Bedford QL Bowser

The QLD ones don't have straps around them.

Regards Rippo

Edited by rippo

Hello,

That box isn't from a QLD, the QLD toolboxs have flat doors and a cross pressed in the sides. The door completly covers the front of the box also they have a leather strap on the door to hold it open.

That looks like one from a QL tanker, this picture shows it quite clearly.

Bedford QL Bowser

The QLD ones don't have straps around them.

Regards Rippo

Edited by rippo

Hello,

That box isn't from a QLD, the QLD toolboxs have flat doors and a cross pressed in the sides. The door completly covers the front of the box also they have a leather strap on the door to hold it open.

Hi John,

The box Ian showed is exactly the same as on my QL and a few others I know. Maybe there was a change in their manufacuring period.

Hello Richard,

Your probably right mate, but all the pictures in Bart Vanderveens Book show a flat door, its a standard box used on the OYD and OXD i think the same box was used post war on bedfords too. Do you have any photos showing the cross on the door?

Regards John