Range Wrecks

challenger

• 1 month later...

Been trawling French threads and found tank stuff in here, including range wrecks http://www.forum-auto.com/les-clubs/discussions-salon/sujet2437-140.htm

Posté le 29-05-2010 à 19:59:58

Posté le 05-05-2010 à 13:59:40 odd :wow:

Posté le 08-05-2010 à 11:53:40 not sure if this one is a wreck or a target... interesting

Posté le 18-05-2010 à 11:11:57

Posté le 01-06-2010 à 17:46:52

Posté le 03-06-2010 à 18:47:33

Posté le 07-06-2010 à 22:52:28

Posté le 13-06-2010 à 19:22:05

well got up to page 14 of 123 pages :wow:. Loads of tank stuff in there

Been trawling French threads and found tank stuff in here, including range wrecks http://www.forum-auto.com/les-clubs/discussions-salon/sujet2437-140.htm

Posté le 29-05-2010 à 19:59:58

Posté le 05-05-2010 à 13:59:40 odd :wow:

Posté le 08-05-2010 à 11:53:40 not sure if this one is a wreck or a target... interesting

Posté le 18-05-2010 à 11:11:57

Posté le 01-06-2010 à 17:46:52

Posté le 03-06-2010 à 18:47:33

Posté le 07-06-2010 à 22:52:28

Posté le 13-06-2010 à 19:22:05

well got up to page 14 of 123 pages :wow:. Loads of tank stuff in there

Good site we don't see much on French vehicles or websites

Good site we don't see much on French vehicles or websites

The have a scrapyard thread an old truck thread, most likely 10,000 odd pages. Saw some really interesting service pictures of tank transporters, heaps of Dodges

just very very time consuming

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

you wouldn't believe just how much is still out there ! mostly heavily stripped except for the concreted targets which seem to have escaped the attentions of the big names but don't go rushing in just yet bill these things can easily take over your life and become an addiction.

my name is rick and I am a tankaholic :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Petawawa is located in Eastern Ontario against the Ottawa River which forms the boundary to Quebec.

There has been much talk of German kit being there over the years. I think the Canadian War Museum led a jaunt up there according to legend.

May I use that picture on MLU to spark some conjecture please?

Note to Rick, it is Canucks

R

I put this subject up as a thread of its own on MLU over here http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?p=189794&posted=1#post189794

It some interesting replies from mild to wild. It has come back round full circle with some of the same players being involved.

Last confirmed sighting was in 1991 by a US National Guard member.

Described as being on the impact area of the TOW / Anti tank ranges at CFB Petawawa, Ontario.

Hope someone goes looking for it, beyond my interest area really.

R

Edited by robin craig

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some images of a Staghound I was involved with. It was located on an old BCATP range south of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada at a place called the Winchester bog.

You can see from the height of the brush how easy it was to walk past it without seeing it.

I went many times, all without GPS. One just had to keep a dead straight line on a certain heading.

It has now been recovered and its end point of restoration is unclear but the Royal Canadian Dragoons have something to do with it as far as I know.

I very nearly funded recovery of it myself, we had it planned and were ready to go but the players never could meet together on one day with suitable weather. In the end a local philanthropist sorted the funds to get it out and I was not around the day it came out sadly.

R

staghound bog.jpg

stag 08.jpg

stag 01.jpg

stag 19.jpg

I knew the above Conquerer well, made many visits to it when it was first towed onto the Pirbright range in the late 1960's, It was some distance from the other wrecks I've looked from the perimeter fence recently and satellite imaging and can't see it anymore so assume it was recovered, there were some Ferrets nearby put there at about the same time and they have gone so think this area was cleared after the firing point was closed

Edited by Nick Johns