Welcome, what a fascinating place to live. The MK's were very popular with the African safari companies. I had friends down at Pewsey that ran such a company in the late 1970's. They'd ship the wagon home every eighteen months of so for major rebuild then run the thing round in winter unpainted , then paint up for summer. This baffled me , but the answer was, rust was the best nut locking thing they could find when the vehicle was operating over rough country day after day. One onther intresting mod was an external roll frame over the cab. This had a heavy bar across so that the cab could be slipped out and an engine hoist attached.

Welcome Garry. Those Icelandic 4x4s with oversize tyres for the snow are the business!. I guess the Bedford MK runs on 20.5 x 25 tyres when you're at home in the snow? :D

Im still on the standard 12.00x20 tyres, im having a bit of a problem finding a spare in the southeast of england ( as this is were i will be driving the truck from in April to Iceland)

Welcome to the forum!! What a fantastic trip that will be!! Funny as most of our members would love to take their vehicles to Iceland for some serious offroading and you, living in off-road paradise, are going to South-Africa!