New Members, Hotmail Problem

Marmite!!

We just become aware of an issue with Hotmail blocking mail from HMVF, this means that new members may not receive an activation code.

If you have recently joined using a Hotmail address & have not received your codes then please email lee@hmvf.co.uk with your username and an alternative email address (not Hotmail)

Existing members using Hotmail may not receive any notifications from HMVF.

We know the issue is with .CO.Uk prefix, not sure if it is .COM too ??

We hope to resolve this ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...

This is still an ongoing issue which we are having trouble resolving, we have tried to add HMVF to their whitelist but have had no reply yet.

Existing members with an @hotmail or @msn account registered on the forum will not be able to receive emails/notifications from us. If you would like to change you registered email address then send me a PM.

Gmail seems one of the best free ISP independent online services.

Gmail is the one that causes us the most problems, over 90% of the spammers that try to join the forum use Gmail, very few spammers use hotmail accounts..

Gmail is the one that causes us the most problems, over 90% of the spammers that try to join the forum use Gmail, very few spammers use hotmail accounts..

Interesting as most of my email problems are when the other party has a Hotmail address ........ but I guess because we are looking from different viewpoints.

I know several people who have had their Hotmail hacked into but do not know of a hacked Gmail account.

If I send an important email and particularly if with an attachment to a Hotmail account whenever possible I either phone or send a text to say I have sent a message plus if I expect a response but don't get it again I let the account holder know this.

I guess the spammers too have found Hotmail messages get blocked while Gmail ones get through.

Yahoo used to be good as messages arrived even if routed into the spam folder but more recently occasionally emails have not been received.

Just thought I'd share my problem. Mcafee cleared my history and cookies and I needed to reenter my password to get on the forum. I couldn't remember my pass word so reset it but the email didn't arrive (as per problem with hotmail), the next day I thought i'd do a email search in hotmail for HMVF and see when I last got a email from HMVF, well I was quite supprised to see one there for 11/03/12 'password reset', I clicked it and signed in ok. I wandered in which folder the email had gone, and guess what, it aint there, if i search for it, its there every time, if I look through folders, its not. Bizarre!