Automatic Ebay links when posting?

Jessie The Jeep

I've noticed recently when posting, some words I type automatically become Ebay links, and there doesn't seem to be any logic to it. If you try and edit the text, there's no link to edit, but once saved/posted, the link is there. I was discussing my Jeep radiator in a thread, and radiator appeared as a link, as have a few other words.

What's causing it and can it be stopped?

What's causing it and can it be stopped?

No it can't Steve - the reason it is in place is to keep HMVF alive. As I have said elsewhere - it is kindly (for everyone else) the same folks who donate every month. We kind of think that is unfair on them so we are trying many ways to work around that and this is one of them.

I understand & accept the reasons for it but am intrigued as to the mechanism.

If I say words like radiator, ebay, cat biscuits on melted cheese on bacon, you know the the maple kind etc I wonder how many links that would generate?

Would it be patriotic to say ebay several times as I know "it" likes to pick up on seeing ebay. Does that generate income per se when it sees things that are sold on ebay? Yes ebay I've said it again (just trying to help)

So is there a pay off every time ebay for instance is mentioned or does one have to go to ebay to generate a credit to the forum, or is it the result of a purchase?

I'm on Firefox & my security settings include "Tell websites I do not want to be tracked" does that screw up the credits for the forum? I just don't like a web site to know the site that is my bank or I like to feed Fenton my dog cheesy bacon, you know the maple kind etc

I only ask out of fascination, it is not to belittle the systems in place :)

PS I see it highlighted ebay four times then it gave up. So I suppose that is to stop patriots posting long message composed of ebay, ebay etc to click up credits?

Edited by fv1609