Just joined the forum , some recent model Photos

Trooper15

I have just joined the forum , a long time fan of Military vehicles I build mainly post WW2 UK vehicles and WW2 German.

Here are a few photos of recently completed models,any comments welcome . I hope they may be of interest to some of you.

cheers

Brian

Stalwart Mk1 Aden

st3rc.jpg

ML1.jpg

Bulldog Mk3 Basra 2008

BB11.jpg

BB2.jpg

NPA Mastiff 2 Afghanistan 2010

MASTIFF1J.jpg

M8.jpg

Austin Tilly - Royal Navy WW2

s2c.jpg

T71.jpg

Panther G Ardennes Dec 19th 1944

P7-Copy.jpg

P4.jpg

Morris CS8 in italian service

Morrisf.jpg

Hi Neil

Yes , sorry , they are all 1/35, mostly resin kits with the exception of the Panther and the Tilly.

I am now working on a Wolf Hardtop with a bagpiper standing on the bonnet taken from a photo in Kuwait in 2003

thank you all for your kind comments :blush:

regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

I thought they were 1/35 and they are truly works of art, especially the figures. These are amongst the best I have seen anywhere....congratulations on your efforts and welcome to the forum.:bow:

Cheers,

Neil

Hello m8, glad you found it here. That will be the Tilly with the PE straps then lol.:D

Now when did you say you were going to do a KFS kit?

Seriously m8, only been here a wee while myself and already got a load of info. Off to do some more wiring:nut:

Catch up with you later,

Barrie. :wave:

Hi Barrie , how is the Champ coming ?

I will do a KFS vehicle soon , I would like to do a Ferret I think , maybe Queens Dragoon Guards in Aden ,Ive built a few of the KFS 1/24 Commercial trucks before , fantastic castings.

Thanks again to everyone for their comments

regards

Brian

Hi Tim ,

As yet I have not done a CVRT but I have several kits and lots of parts for a few different versions ,Falklands , Sabre etc , one day soon hopefully , It isn't a shortage of kits that is my problem , it is a shortage of time ! I have kits of a Ridgeback , Panther TES ,, Challenger CR2 TES, Saladin , Ferret and several Landies (and thats only the post war UK stuff) , if only i could buy time to do them I would be happy :)

I will post some more photos shortly

cheers

Brian

I just enjoy building vehicles but I'd be happy to answer any weathering questions anyone has , I use mostly acrylic paints for the detail work and oil paints for most of the weathering ,I like to try to do models of factual vehicles from photos that have some history behind them.Do you think anyone would be intertested in a step by step view of the Land rover I'm currently working on ?, I could certainly use the advice on radio fit, interior and engine detail etc.

Here are a couple of photos of more heavily weathered vehicles

Jpz L70/V 114, 1st SS Pz division Ardennes December 1944, "disc camoflage"

jp2.jpg

jp1.jpg

Ferdinand tank destroyer 234 , Heavy tank Destroyer unit 653 ,serial number 150100 , Nikopol Bridgehead,Russia ,December 1943

jp3.jpg

jp4.jpg

regards

Brian

Hi Tim ,

As yet I have not done a CVRT but I have several kits and lots of parts for a few different versions ,Falklands , Sabre etc , one day soon hopefully , It isn't a shortage of kits that is my problem , it is a shortage of time ! I have kits of a Ridgeback , Panther TES ,, Challenger CR2 TES, Saladin , Ferret and several Landies (and thats only the post war UK stuff) , if only i could buy time to do them I would be happy :)

I will post some more photos shortly

cheers

Brian

Brian

Look forward to seeing them - i have often hankered after armour modelling, but i have a number of full size cvrt kits and the same problem as you i.e. a lack of time to finish them all (or in some cases even to start them!)..

Cheers

Timbo

Brian

Look forward to seeing them - i have often hankered after armour modelling, but i have a number of full size cvrt kits and the same problem as you i.e. a lack of time to finish them all (or in some cases even to start them!)..

Cheers

Timbo

Hi Tim ,

I will know where to come when I'm looking for information :)

cheers

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi Tim ,

I will know where to come when I'm looking for information :)

cheers

Brian

Brian

Very happy to provide photos if you need them just ask...!

Any update on the landy yet?

Cheers

Timbo

Just seen this thread - wow. I don't know if it is an inspiration for someone like myself, dabbling my feet back into the modelling pool after a lifetime away with only memories of Airfix kits, or a disincentive in that it seems like a standard which must surely be unattainable.

I think I should regard it as the standard to aim for, with the proviso that if I make it even 1/4 way to the target I'll be well chuffed.

(If I could see evidence of just one partial gluey fingerprint I'd be a bit more optimistic :D)

(If I could see evidence of just one partial gluey fingerprint I'd be a bit more optimistic :D)

Have you seen my models? :D

The models on this thread are amazing and of a standard I could never reach.

The faces are fantastic.