Fast jets over London ?

AndyFowler

Just had what I believe to be military jets flying fast low and loud over my house for several minutes and now gone north ! Thought WW3 had started without anyone telling me ! Last military jet I saw fly over here was the Vulcan in the 1990's when it displayed at Biggin Hill ! Very unusual ! :nut:

May be part of the security tests at the Olimpic site in Stratford, East London. Has been plenty of water born activity as well this week.

Yeah I was thinking that could be something to do with it ! If the RAF need to bomb London think I might start digging an Anderson shelter in the back garden pretty quick :wow: !

So according to trhe Uxbridge report there will be less disturbance because the Typhoon can go supersonic without afterburner. At 1,000 feet over London? I think it's time to start a glazing buissnes! :D IThough the Congestion charge and LEZ will probably make the operation uneconomic.

I like the way the second article calls them Tornadoes!

There were 3 Typhoons flying on Saturday night AA, AB and AF as a airborne spare, the first article is quite right in that they are much much quieter than Tornado, not needing reheat to go super sonic, however if they were on a intercept, they need to get from point A to B rapid time so I'd say reheat would be authorised any way. The good thing about Typhoon is that it uses much less runway and can CAP for longer than the old F3 which was just a bomber in disguise.

small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just a correction re the Tornado...

The Tornado F3 which is what the Typhoon is initially replacing was a totally different beast to the Tornado GR4. it was more than a Bomber in disguise. It was an intercepter with totally different Avionics. as well as looking different, being sleaker and faster than the GR4.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a correction re the Tornado...

The Tornado F3 which is what the Typhoon is initially replacing was a totally different beast to the Tornado GR4. it was more than a Bomber in disguise. It was an intercepter with totally different Avionics. as well as looking different, being sleaker and faster than the GR4.

Erm, it was no beast, I spent 10 years on the F3 and it was just a glorified Missile platform, great for fast level flight. I've also spent 6 years on XI Sqn Typhoon and now I'm working on 17 TES and I can guarantee that Typhoon is the world Leader in multi role A/C. Even the yanks are worried that it can out shine the F22, hence why they won't allow a F22 to fly when a Typhoon is in the same AOO.