• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Beebo
    • LinkedIn
    • Myspace
    • Other
    • What's Social Media??? Don't use it!!

Jack,

You need a box for people like Degsy and myself, who do not use any of them, that way you will get a better idea of who does go on those sites in a percentage term against those who do not participate.

regards, Richard

Richard - Degsy should be just kept in a box :coffee:

Jack,

You need a box for people like Degsy and myself, who do not use any of them, that way you will get a better idea of who does go on those sites in a percentage term against those who do not participate.

regards, Richard

Done!!

You need a box for people like Degsy and myself,

Room for a little one in your box Richard? I don't use any of that stuff either.

As it is I struggle to keep up with emails that generally have a high technical/research content that take up a lot of time. It might be different if I was stuck in a hospital bed or something with time on my hands.

Although retired I find I just don't have enough time to do real things. I'll shortly be out in the sheds working on the Shorland again. I have just come in for food & a warm up, then back in at midnight I expect.

Frankly, and no disrespect to those who do use it, but 9/10ths of what is on the so called social media is pure drivel. I watch my employees twitch every time a new message arrives in on their phone / crackberries and watch the loss of the work day for absolute &^%$&*.

I work darn hard and have little time to myself and my partner as it is.

I have real friends with whom I talk to in person and meet and you fine people here and on MLU.

Frankly I would find all the nonsense overwhelming and end up pitching the blackberry, that is actually useful, and becoming a hermit under a rock.

So many of the members of the younger (my father is likely rolling in his grave listening to me go on) generations behind us fail miserably at basic human interaction skills and I see it everyday at work.

Sorry to rant but that is how I see it.

R

It depends how and what you use it for. I have alot of friends from freestyle skiing spread round the globe so it is a good way to keep in touch. The local steam engine club have a page for news and rally information. After the Great Dorset Steam Fair last year we set up a Diesel Heavy Haulage group, as a private group for those in the section to keep in touch the rest of the year. Phoning people is fine, but you can only speak to one person at a time.

I agree, there is alot of drivel, but you don't have to read it.

None of 'em...far as I'm concerned waste of time, got far more interesting things to do.

*cough.........Sir, yourself and the other seniors have been using social media for nearly 7 years...

----------> Its called HMVF - HMVF is an element of social media :pfrt::help:

So you are actually pretty hip and up to date - you are actually down with the 'kids'!!!