THE YORKSHIRE WARTIME EXPERIENCE EVENT 22nd-24th of June NEW SHOW

Hi All,

Myself & Ken Pugh are together involved in this brand new event.The event itself is 1 mile off Jun 26 of the M62 motorway,it's set in 40acres of land and has great potential to be the biggest Northern wartime experience event.There will be a large reenactment battle on both the Sat & Sun,Tank's in action & firing display's with the 25 pounder field gun's.We already have several ww2 Tank's/armoured vehicles & wheeled vehicles booked in inc several re-enactment groups & several live firing 25 pounder's.The event is OPEN TO ALL military vehicles so from WW1-modern vehicles your more than welcome at this new event.There's onsite camping available day/night time entertainment full lienced bar/food militaria/trade stall's etc etc.There's potential for most if not all re-enactment group's to dig in & probably the biggest tank/armoured vehicle driving coarse at any event in England.More info to follow inc our NEW website interested parties please contact me on stuart.wright@hotmail.co.uk or ken.pugh@pks-ltd.co.uk All vehicles/groups MUST book in.

Cheer's

Stu/Ken

Edited by happydayz123

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,The Yorkshire Wartme Experience Website is now open visit www.ywe-event.info Don't forget all military vehicles/any age are welcome to our new show.We already have a large no of WW2 tanks/armoured vehicles/wheeled vehicles booked in.And an even larger amount of Living history groups.We will be having a large full scale battle on both days.So get your vehicle forms booked in & sent off.

All the best

Stu/Ken

Would love to support this event however it clashes with the NATIONAL MVT SHOW at Evesham which this year includes the 60th aniversary "Champ Camp" which I really want to attend as it will also be my 30th aniversary of owning military vehicles which all started by owning a Champ. I hope your show is a great success so it will be on in 2013 so I can attend then.

By the sounds of it with the space available this really has the potential to be a "Northern Beltring". Best of luck.

I have avoided Ponderosa in the past because of your anti Landrover policy, not that I have ever owned one but I do feel that they have a place at any show for 2 reasons, not everybody can start out with big or expensive vehicles and there were an awfull lot of them sold to the military around the world, but as it seems this new show is open to everybody I would really like to support it.

The Ponderosa show was the Ponderosa show, with it's own approach to what they were trying to achieve.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience is our show, trying to achieve what we are trying to achieve.

A lot of effort is being put in, in an attempt to be able to show a coherent time line from WW1 Tommies all the way up to currently serving forces.

One of our main drivers in putting this event together is education and commemoration - of current serving forces just as much as those of up to 100 years ago. The 11:00 ceremonies on both days are our attempt to draw some attention to those who have been prepared to use the vehicles and equipment on display 'for real'. Opening the event for school parties on the Firday PM is proving a logisitcal nightmare but one which we will find a solution to.

Any proceeds from the event will be split between the Royal British Legion and SSAFA.

The clashes with other events is unfortunate, but we had a restricted window of opportunity to have access to the land.

We make no pretence to be expecting to get it right this first time, but in light of the above, all military vehicles, of all eras are welcome - as long as you book in.

All and any constructive feedback is always welcome.

Regards

Ken

Well put ken.That's one season why i'm know longer involved in organising this year's Ponderosa Show.On another note the 69th field Reg re-enactment group, with there live firing 25 pounder's plus Quads & limber's are attending this year's show.I believe there bringing four 25 pounder's along with a 5.5" howitzer & for the first time there 3.7" ACK ACk gun.Now that's a big gun.

Don't forget from a military bicycle to a tank any era or age.Your all very welcome.http://www.ywe-event.info

Regrd's

Stu

Hi All,Our website has now been updated with a list of some of the military vehicles/ re-enactment groups so far booked in.There's alot more vehicles/groups to be added.The booking's forms are on our website,to download,and don't forget ALL MILITARY VEHICLES & WHAT EVER AGE ARE VERY WELCOME to our event.There's free camping day/night time entertainment & a lience bar military/trade stall's.

Regard's

Stu

Thats great news Ken and team! And if there is anything I/HMVF can do then please just ask - if you want a banner up then send me one over.

Next week and I meeting with the gent that I dicussed with you regarding your 88 shells.