Crossley Q type FWD

I have just sent the first part of this thread as sometimes if I make a longer entry it just disappears into the ether so to speak and does not redister on the thread at all. The contractor then stored it for ten tears and I bought it in 1984. It is under cover but seroius restoration has not started yet due to restoring a Crossley coach and now a second Crossley coach. There is a very original tractor unit in the Shopland collection in the Westcountry, this used to belong to John Rowell who lives at Thorney near Peterborough and the Shplands acquiredit abot nine or so years ago from him. There is also one awaiting restoration at the Milestones Museum at Basigstoke and I believe they also have a Queen Mary trailer for it too. Well I will finish here for now ... thanks for the interest .... Dave

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just sent the first part of this thread as sometimes if I make a longer entry it just disappears into the ether so to speak and does not redister on the thread at all.

When you sign in tick the 'remember me' box, this should solve your problem.

To Paul Bish haha no unfortunately no trailer for it , but at the time (1984) I did go to see one at a place called Tow Law which was if i recall correctly up in County Durham it was stood next to Missen type huts which were half buried in the ground as to camouflage them and this was where the Crossleys had been stored whilst out of use for ten years between 1974 and 1984.

To Degsy thanks for the tip Degsy ..... Dave ....

• 6 years later...