National MVT Show - Wartime in the Vale 23 & 24 June, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham

Am already packing the trailer...............

Mark

You Cant beat a bit of pre packing Chevpol And i think Papavs application for good weather has been accepted as i just heard there is a heatwave coming in ( Has that man got contacts on a higher plain or what ) Just a thought ??? What is the greatest distant that anyone has travelled to get to this show ?

boomboom

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a thought ??? What is the greatest distant that anyone has travelled to get to this show ?

Back in March I was at a military vehicle event in Australia and met a chap called Paul, with a Champ, from Queensland. He told me he would be at Evesham .......... not with Champ though.

Back in March I was at a military vehicle event in Australia and met a chap called Paul, with a Champ, from Queensland. He told me he would be at Evesham .......... not with Champ though.

Jesus,, now that is dedication to the Green Iron world for you............Both you and Paul.

OK That is International attendance (without vehicle )

What is the furthest international attendance with vehicle

And what is the furthest attendance with vehicle National ???

boomboom

Yes I heard Champ Members are coming from Australia, (somewhere between 4 & 8 of them) & another from Hawaii especially for the event, so that's real commitment. I was also told about a member from South Africa & the US.

As for furthest distance with a vehicle, that prize would also go to a Champ owner as about a dozen are coming from Holland, Belgium, Germany & Italy etc. With a few arriving tomorrow & many more on Monday has they are having a week of celebrations / road runs.

As for UK, a quick scan down the list I noticed someone with a vehicle 268.7miles away so thats some trip too!

We are very grateful for their support & will do our best to make it an enjoyable show.

Jesus,, now that is dedication to the Green Iron world for you............Both you and Paul.

OK That is International attendance (without vehicle )

What is the furthest international attendance with vehicle

And what is the furthest attendance with vehicle National ???

boomboom

I could check with the Champ Club or we could just exclude them as they might win many categories & I think they are doing their own awards during the week.

And the one travelling 268.7 is on a Harley MT350 so would have to also check if they are cheating & trailering it, but even in a car thats quite a distance.

Edited by Papav66
sp

Thanks for the support guys & look forward to seeing you.

All the entertainment has been booked, Kitten von Mew will dancing again + its her 30th birthday party so might be a long line of blokes wanting to give her a birthday kiss, Fiona Harrison singing & 40's DJ Woody to carry on into the night.

Toilets booked & this year we are aiming to get some showers there.

And the cinema will be running again.

I will be on the MVT stand at Stoneleigh giving out forms if you want to pop by & say hello. If I'm not there it cos I've gone to see a few traders.

Paul

Just a quick line or two to let you know I have booked in for this coming weekend (Green 127 Hotchkiss jeep) but as we speak there is no engine in and no likely hood of it being fixed in time so will not be coming down with a vehicle .... the boss said we will still come though as day visitors.

We have attended the last two years and would not want to miss what is a fantastic show!

Paul

Paul

Just a quick line or two to let you know I have booked in for this coming weekend (Green 127 Hotchkiss jeep) but as we speak there is no engine in and no likely hood of it being fixed in time so will not be coming down with a vehicle .... the boss said we will still come though as day visitors.

We have attended the last two years and would not want to miss what is a fantastic show!

Paul

Hello Paul,

Sorry to hear about your Jeep but thanks for the advance notice.

The first half-dozen Champs arrived today to set up camp, including one from Germany, not a drive I would fancy.

And the Garrison arrived with their first load with the 150cm searchlight which just dwarfed our 90cm, can't wait to see that in operation.

Cheers

Paul

Ambitious Amphibians - This year we are hoping to attract more amphibious vehicles as its not often that these vehicles can go and have a play in the water, as we are fortunate to have access to a slipway into the River Avon in Evesham town centre just 1.5 miles away. We have set aside a few quid to make a contribution towards fuel costs for these vehicles and we are also providing a Rescue boat.

The plan is to leave for river at 5pm for a swim then back in time for the evenings entertainment.

Is this still expected to take place soon after 5pm?

If so how many vehicles are expected, whereabouts on the river is the slipway and where is the best car parking nearby for spectators?

Is this still expected to take place soon after 5pm?

If so how many vehicles are expected, whereabouts on the river is the slipway and where is the best car parking nearby for spectators?

Firstly it will be dependant on the river flow & will be checked by our local member who works on the River & by the people operating the safety boat. So best to check at the show with a marshal to see if going ahead.

The time will be around 5.30 on the Saturday once a fishing competition has finished.

The address is Hampton Ferry, Boat Lane WR11 4BP. Its a narrow lane with a large grass car park at the end next to the river. If you prefer to watch/take pics as they enter the water you could take the chain ferry across to the other side.

Its only a few vehicles to include:

Alvis Stalwarts x2

DUKW

Ford GPA 'Seep'

Gaz 46

cheers Paul

Looks like a grand event coming:-D ... .very much looking forward to it....relatively speaking it's only just up the road for us ....now then......

I've mooched through what details I can find but can someone tell me which day (Sat or Sun?) is the Lancaster flying over and also....are the 'battles' going to take place on both days??..

Only asking because I'm intending on bringing my invalid old Dad (ex Royal Engineer Korea / Malaya veteran ) along for a much needed day out after a very rough 6 months of illness and I know he'd be over the moon especially to see the Lancaster..

....Many thanks Bob

Hello Bob,

The Lanc is schedule for Sat pm.

Andrew Baker is doing a synchronized driving display with some Alvis tracked vehicles, with pyro on both days.

There is then a battle on the Sunday pm.

So do come & say hello.

Cheers

Paul

Hello Bob,

The Lanc is schedule for Sat pm.

Andrew Baker is doing a synchronized driving display with some Alvis tracked vehicles, with pyro on both days.

There is then a battle on the Sunday pm.

So do come & say hello.

Cheers

Paul

That's brilliant many thanks Paul!

.....that settles it then ..we'll see you on the saturday !....where do we find you by the way?...

That's brilliant many thanks Paul!

.....that settles it then ..we'll see you on the saturday !....where do we find you by the way?...

Its not too big a big site + I'll be wearing an orange high vis, so you'll either find me walking around or with my K9 in the camp compound next to the old railway box cars.

cheer P

I am hoping to do a write-up about the weekend activities, if you have got anything unusual or you have a particular story that you would like to impart, maybe an unusual vehicle or perhaps the distance that you have had to travel. I will be walking around with my note book and pen, or baby sitting my Harley Davidson WLC, its marked up in Military Police markings.... please feel free to give me something interesting to put on paper. I am getting quite excited about the weekend, I have been packed since my return from Normandy.

Morning Paul,

Is the entrance for exhibitors via Badsey Lane or Badsey Road ? I am a late entrant so have no details.

Hello John,

The entrance for vehicle owners is off Badsey Road, postcode WR11 7PA. Should be some AA signs up.

The public entrance is postcode WR11 7EL

cheers P

Just got back from the site & it is slowly drying out but still squelchy in a few places, with another dry day forecast for tomorrow, but wet on Thu but dry again on Fri but at least most will be able to set up in the dry.

Quite a few Champs have set up but most were out on a road run by the time I arrived. Now I knew the Champers were having a marquee, but crickey I didn't realise it was this big, well I suppose if it does rain they can keep all 120 dry!

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Meant to add, that Bob's wife Shirley will be opening her Naafi cafe all day Friday for those who need feeding.

And for those who don't want to have to cook all weekend there will also be 6 catering outlets, Black Country Chips, Hog Roast, Burgers, Pizza Shack, Chocolate Cascades & an ice cream seller with cream from his own herd nr Bristol.

And of course Rambo has cakes.

Hi,

Im coming up from Pompey on Saturday for my first ever visit, is Soldier of Fortune stalling out by any chance as I need some late war blanco?

Regards

Paul

Hi,

SoF are not there but we do have 50 other traders booked in & number of those are militaria stalls so you should be able to find some.

See u soon.

cheers P