National MVT Show - Wartime in the Vale 23 & 24 June, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham

Thanks Rambo.

Had mixed news whilst at Stoneleigh.

Really pleased to hear the Austin Champ owners club have now reached their target of 100 Champs so I think that will be quite an impressive turnout.

Sadly our commentator James Butlin passed away yesterday. Such a sad loss, only in his forties & so knowledgeable on vintage & military vehicles. To me, he really was my anchorman during the show for the last two years & will be sorely missed + at many other shows to include Duxford, Birdingbury, Hollowell, Kettering & a few others he did. He was also a Special with Northamptonshire Police. He became unwell in September with a kidney infection & deteriorated. But only two weeks ago he rang me from hospital to say he was on the mend & that he would be at the show & he had just bought a Praga V3S (not sure if it was the one on sale on HMVF in December) & was going to have it fitted out as a camper.

Rest in Peace.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Rambo.

Had mixed news whilst at Stoneleigh.

Really pleased to hear the Austin Champ owners club have now reached their target of 100 Champs so I think that will be quite an impressive turnout.

Sadly our commentator James Butlin passed away yesterday. Such a sad loss, only in his forties & so knowledgeable on vintage & military vehicles. To me, he really was my anchorman during the show for the last two years & will be sorely missed + at many other shows to include Duxford, Birdingbury, Hollowell, Kettering & a few others he did. He was also a Special with Northamptonshire Police. He became unwell in September with a kidney infection & deteriorated. But only two weeks ago he rang me from hospital to say he was on the mend & that he would be at the show & he had just bought a Praga V3S (not sure if it was the one on sale on HMVF in December) & was going to have it fitted out as a camper.

Rest in Peace.

Very sad news, our thoughts are with his family and friends. R.I.P.

Ambitious Amphibians - This year we are hoping to attract more amphibious vehicles as its not often that these vehicles can go and have a play in the water, as we are fortunate to have access to a slipway into the River Avon in Evesham town centre just 1.5 miles away. We have set aside a few quid to make a contribution towards fuel costs for these vehicles and we are also providing a Rescue boat.

The plan is to leave for river at 5pm for a swim then back in time for the evenings entertainment.

So if you have one or know someone that does then please do contact me.

SWIM Slipway.jpg

SWIM Stolly1.jpg

SWIM Dukw&Stolly.jpg

Yes advisable to carry lifejackets but thats up to the owners and passengers just like those going past in the Canadian canoe.

Its not officially part of the show as its off site but a pleasant add on that some amphibious owners have commented upon & enjoyed.

And as stated for added safety I have arranged for a rescue boat to be on hand.

Yes advisable to carry lifejackets but thats up to the owners and passengers just like those going past in the Canadian canoe.

Its not officially part of the show as its off site but a pleasant add on that some amphibious owners have commented upon & enjoyed.

And as stated for added safety I have arranged for a rescue boat to be on hand.

Sorry when you said

We have set aside a few quid to make a contribution towards fuel costs for these vehicles and we are also providing a Rescue boat.

I presumed as you were organising it as part of the show as it is being funded by it..

That you Pete ? mate :cool2: Jer here :nut: playing with Champ for Caroline to take to this Show are you thinking of doing a convoy again ? will prob go up on Friday with Jeep, trailer and Champ thing. Catch you at Stoneleigh if you're going.

RR.

Hi There JER

Yep we are going as a convoy again and i will ring you and we can sort out a time and place to meet ,,,,,,there may allso be a low loader pulling up the rear with a new BIG TOY to play with if talks go well and a deal can be done ???

BOOMBOOM;)

Hi There JER

Yep we are going as a convoy again and i will ring you and we can sort out a time and place to meet ,,,,,,there may allso be a low loader pulling up the rear with a new BIG TOY to play with if talks go well and a deal can be done ???

BOOMBOOM;)

Go on give us a clue me old butty ;) will pm you my mobly No.

• 1 month later...

Just totted up & now have 260 vehicles booked in so well on the way to exceeding last years 350. Ok that does include 110 Champs, but still very good considering its a particularly busy weekend.

Also been told that the Garrison are attending with their 150cm Searchlight & possibly 2 or 3 25pdr's. So hope to get our two 90cm lights working (off electric) and create a true cone effect with all three.

Managed to get 5 days off for this.:D

Hi Rambo, Yes people are welcome to arrive earlier in the week, Thu or even Wed & can stay Sunday night to avoid peak traffic or having to drive home in the dark. And those that do arrive early will be very welcome to help those parking / setting up on the Friday.

cheers

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, latest count is 418 military vehicles, along with about 50 wartime classics, so thank you for all those helping to make this a cracking show.

And currently have over 46 traders to spend your money with.

Still not too late to enter, registration of vehicles will close at about 4pm on the 24th! But the earlier the better.

cheers

Paul

Wow, latest count is 418 military vehicles, along with about 50 wartime classics, so thank you for all those helping to make this a cracking show.

And currently have over 46 traders to spend your money with.

Still not too late to enter, registration of vehicles will close at about 4pm on the 24th! But the earlier the better.

cheers

Paul

wow thats a massive amount of vehicles!!!!!!

Good luck with the show, hope the weather stays dry for you all :)

sorry we cant make it this year (going to A&E) we had a great time there last year.

Due to another major show being cancelled, also on the 23 & 24 & me receiving a number of calls about ours, I can confirm that our show will go ahead whatever the weather.

Unfortunately the Banbury Rally @ Bloxham has been cancelled due to ground conditions. Can't really believe its happened as this is a huge vintage show.

Luckily we have easy access with a good firm track through the site for vehicles to drive onto.

I walked the field on Monday night to mark out the corners of the arena & it was wet but there is good drainage.

The worst case scenario would be that we restricted vehicle movement or some of the arena displays.

Statistically the weather has to approve & hopefully our application for 'Fine Weather' will be granted nearer the time.

Fingers crossed.

Paul