Help requested. Highworth (Ox) HAA battery

I wondered if there were any forum members in this part of the country who are familiar with this battery, or dare I say it would be willing to go and do a bit of field walking and take a look at it and report back?

I'm intrigued as to what the structures are that now inhabit the gun positions. Ok they might be feedbins for farm animals, but they might be something more interesting. I've not come across anything else like these on any other sites so far.

Over to you!

Highworth haa site.jpg

The circular structures appear to me to be the concrete bases for the guns. The black lines which eminate from the centre of each circle all point towards the Control building and my guess would be these are ducts set into the concrete to take the cables for supplying electricity for the predictors.

As you say only a site visit would determine what is actually at ground level. Unfortunately I am too far away to offer any assistance but would be interested in any information if anyone could visit.

I'm intrigued as to what the structures are that now inhabit the gun positions. Ok they might be feedbins for farm animals, but they might be something more interesting.