Visit to REME Museum Collection at Bordon: running Conqueror and M74

"Markheliops" and I were fortunate to be invited to visit the REME Museum collection at Bordon today by "LandAndy".

Mark wanted to see the Chieftain ARRV and I wanted to have a look at their WWII REME Lightweight Electrical Repair Trailer.

We hadn't been before and were not sure what to expect.....but certainly weren't expecting such a brilliant collection that ranges from a 1930 Morris Commercial DF to 2 x Prototype Challengers. We understand the future of the site is under review, and it would be sad if this collection is dispersed after 2015.

A few photos posted below and link to youtube video of the M74 and Conqueror running today (amazing how this 60 ton vehicle can delicately turn within its own length).

Mark and I would like to thank Andy (also "IoW Andy" and John) again for a great day and welcome hot brews.

[Am certain Mark will add his comments here when he gets his internet up and running....he moved house on Thursday!]

IMG_1781 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1738 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1743 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1744 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1745 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1757 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1770 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1776 (Medium).JPG

Yes - I had a marvelous day at Borden.

Good to meet you John - and thanks for breakie.

Many thanks to Andy / John / IOW Andy for allowing me to look around.

I was and still am amazed at the variety and condition of the vehicles in the hanger.

I was like a child in a very big sweetshop.

I could have stayed all day and some more but Andy and co had work to do so we didn't want to intrude to much.

Thanks again Andy - the discussion we had still stands so you have my details so please drop me a line after Xmas.

Many thanks.

Markheliops

P.S - I have now moved (1 mile from the Hop Farm) but no internet as yet - I'm doing this from work.