Jamie Oliver

LoggyDriver

It is a resonant frequency in the steering gear that manifests itself as a shaky steering wheel, loose fillings and all your pukka ingredients being scattered on the floor. It was particularly prevelant in ancient MKs (but may have got better over the years!)

When worked in Command Workshops it was a problem with MK and we had an "on vehicle" wheel balancer for front wheels, often ended up with a significant wheel weight fitted, on inside of rim. There was a certain speed the shake came on and you could run through it, thought from memory it was around 35mph. Later on the balancing was done away with, forget why, but it was in 70's and 80's when we were doing this.

Although not a particular fan of Jamie Oliver he seems to have a Pub..............on an army lorry...........and a pizza oven.........a Pub..............on an army lorry..........and a pizza oven.......does it get any better than that!!!! 3 of my favourite things!!!!!!! I WANT A PUB...........ON AN ARMY LORRY..........WITH A PIZZA OVEN!!!!! Maybe there is a god after all..............mmmmmmmmmm.

Daren

I thought that speed was a bit optimistic for a MK, unless you were in angel gear downhill :-D

Oddly enough the two MK's that were in the garages at "B" block in the DoY in the mid to late Seventies were good for 55 mph with no steering shake.

The single TK we had was an abortion to drive in comparison - although it was known for taking the rear wings off of RR's that had illegally parked in the box junction outside the main gate....

Although not a particular fan of Jamie Oliver he seems to have a Pub..............on an army lorry...........and a pizza oven.........a Pub..............on an army lorry..........and a pizza oven.......does it get any better than that!!!! 3 of my favourite things!!!!!!! I WANT A PUB...........ON AN ARMY LORRY..........WITH A PIZZA OVEN!!!!! Maybe there is a god after all..............mmmmmmmmmm.

Daren

:goodidea: :beer::thumbsup: Yep..I thought it looked a pretty good setup as well!