Tank "Tiger I" replica of Russia.

stepsam73

That's not it, the entire film in Russian language is on YouTube and the Tiger replica is quite poor, not the on shown in this thread. However they do have a Matilda II and a BT3.

From what I can find on the web, it is the same film. Yes I agree the Tiger replica is quite poor in this, it looks like a converted T55 or similar. If you check the official link out and compare it to the cast on the IMDB page that I posted, they are the same :-(

Official page:- http://whitetiger-en.mosfilm.ru/about-film

IMDB:- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2318405/

perhaps they decided to use another replica Tiger for the film......

I'll pm Anatoliy Step and ask him what happened.

Oddly they seem to have used a JS2 or JS3 for the Tiger 1 replica, from the bogies seen under the skirts.....which Tigers never utilised. Appart from the Tiger all the other armour and equipment is very well researched and dressed. Set dressing is a very high standard, there are M3 Lee, Matilda, BT3, T34/76 and Pz4 all vey accurate full scale replicas knocked out in the fields etc...

In post no6 on the left you can see the tiger replica used in white tiger in the same shot as the perfect replica featured in this thred, I guess the same company made them both as they are in the same workshop.

Edited by ajmac

I just did a little digging, the tiger in the film was based on an SU152 chassis. The film company commissioned two tigers, the good replica and the pastiche, the idea was to film initial scenes with the good tiger and then later use the stylised one as the main character went mad and the persuit of the white tiger took over his mind. At the end on the day the good replica took too long to make and they only used the odd looking one. So the best tiger replica ever made has never made it onto film!

Going to get my balls chewed of for this

" how can anyone get excited about this a copy of some thing"

It reminds me of Mick Harding stating " Old wool mills now churning out fibre glass wooden wheels for inserting in brick walls on modern housing estates"

Going to get my balls chewed of for this

i am sure that would never happen on HMVF it's not that kind of forum. Everyone has an opinion and they are quite welcome to air it! I think people are interested as it has taken 70 years for a film company to build a near perfect replica Tiger, I am sure there could be a book on the numerouse attempts to date. At the end of the day it is a 1:1 model and there are orders of magnitude more people interested in model making than preserving historic military vehicles.