• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just joined the Forum, you have done a great job !

I was interested in how she is going on the 1200 x 20 tyres, I live in Australia and have an RL that needs tyres, I too have found that 1100 bargrips are hard to find and the ones I have located look ok but as soon as attempts are made to remove them from their rims they tear or the sidewalls crack due to age and heat here, there is loads of decent 1200 x 20s ex Army available.

I wanted to ask if you have found any adverse affects like fouling the wings or chassis on full lock or any probs with axle articulation etc ?

Any feedback would be much appreciated !

Thanks

Andy

Hello Andy

The owner of the Truck that I did the work for, took the truck on a very long run about 3 weeks ago, He drove the control unit up there first, and came back by train. He then took his RL AFS recovery truck to the same show, the recovery used alot more fuel.He said that the control unit was a pleasure to drive, the larger tyres dont fowl up and have improved the speed, and maybe the fuel economy.

Thanks Howard

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the speedy reply and info, just a couple more things, hope you dont mind !

Mine is non power steering and the petrol 300, the extra road speed is useful as over here its a lot of motorways to get any where so its safer if you can keep up with the flow of traffic !

How does she handle manouvering at low speed, is the steering heavy ? lastly, is the 4wd performance affected much with the higher gearing ?

Cheers,

Andy

Hello Andy

From what I have been told, the last show ground he was on was very wet and he did indeed need to use four wheel drive, and it performed very well even with the larger tyres. As for the steering again not affected that much to worry about.Just have an extra weetabix for breakfast. Regards Howard

• 8 years later...