Where size does matter - A&E 2012

.... You do know M10 armour is made from playdoh don't you?

Well it certainly looks like a good restoration - but are you saying there's a whole load of filler in the hull instead of steel plate neatly welded in where the range shells went right through?

Best check it over with a magnet......

Well it is a good restoration with no filler. There were no shell holes to fill of course as it was not from a range. If it had been hit, it would have just collapsed in on itself like playdoh does.......;)

All joking aside, it is a fantastic result and I wish it was still mine! It was just one too many restorations for me, I knew I had too many major projects and I'd just be kidding myself to think I would ever get round to it.

All joking aside, it is a fantastic result and I wish it was still mine! It was just one too many restorations for me, I knew I had too many major projects and I'd just be kidding myself to think I would ever get round to it.

What a great comment, there are so many people who never see the light like you Adrian...."I'll get around to it one day".... You made the choice and now we all have a fantastic M10c on the road again, which would otherwise be still sitting around waiting it's turn, which with so many 'collectors' never comes around.

PS. M10c or Sherman 75mm, hmm, I'd rather be in a Firefly, just like that new bread - Best of Both:D

Adrian S, what a good idea, I never got a chance to even sit on a moving vehicle at the last A&E, too much time admiring the convoy and taking in the sounds and smells of so many historic vehicles. Not to mention looking after little izzie and the dogs!

Detroit Diesel and Chrysler Multibank it is then, I'll do the post event M4 lower hull comparison report, however I don't think it will come out any different to the wartime tests....Diesels are better, sorry Adrian B. If it all works We could also slot in the Cromwell vs Sherman off road test for 2012, perhaps we can get it in Autocar:)

OK, it's time i stepped in and stopped this sherman lovers tiff, you're both driving model t's compared to my rolls royce.:D we all know the cromwell will be the star of the show, it is a far superior vehicle when compared to your yank rubbish in every way, that is of course as long as you don't take into account, firepower, armour, reliability, ease of production and longevity but apart from that it's all good.

rick

Oh it's going to be hilarious on the camp site next year!!!! Can't wait for tank/self propelled gun off!!!!! Can I have a front row seat, oh I know I will get one of those favour things ready to drop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk