Stolen Weapons -- VE day at Cobbaton

scott9643

Now it just so happens that we've got a photo of two of these guys and a shot of their 4 x 4 which Preston is going to share with the Police. So fare warning -- If you are the people that left Cobbaton early in the morning -- I suggest you phone Preston now to either protest your innocence or own up -- or await a knock on your door by a Policemen very interested in your weekend activities

GOOD NEWS! Hot off the press from Preston -- The Police were able to trace the vehicle and paid a surprise visit to certain individual in Wales. All of the stolen guns were recovered and the son of doubtful parentage admited stealing them. He was promptly arrested and charged with burglary. Let's hope he gets his just deserts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the police must have taken the theft very seriously to go to those lengths. i certainly didn't think they'd ever see the guns again.

well done the police

rick

That is Outstanding News on the Theft. Excellent! In these days when the Police are undermanned & overstretched. Diverting resources to invest time on this types of Incident, to get a Positive result. Is indeed gratifying!

Sadly, I think the courts will not hand out a suffcient length of sentence to deter this sort of thing. The Prison service also, is stretched to it's limit. & Prisons are bulging with 'Customers' at this moment in time! So much so, that they are releasing early, some inmates to free up room for more serious offenders. My Sister & Brother in Law both work for HM Prison Service, & they inform me that it is so bad. They have 4 men in 2 men cells in their Prison! The system is building more new prisons. But, we all know the situation fincially in the country, & the lack of funding will only slow things down!

Still, an excellent outcome for what COULD have been a very sad, & expensive loss. for the Owner of the Deacts!

If it were me, i would be VERY happy at the result!