Small Event @ Burton Upon Stather (Scunthorpe/Humber Bridge)

August 7th 2011 Sunday 12 onwards

Burton upon Stather (Near Humber Bridge Scunthorpe Side)

The local villages have restored a WWII ramp into the humber used by the DD tanks for testing before D Day, was used by British and Canadians. Hobart was there and prob Barns Wallace so has some history to it.

They have the only DD valentine tank coming which was there before the war at that ramp, and there will be a small collection of other vehicles, if anyone wants to bring anything along please drop me a email. Should also be some Canadian vets there who where there in the war

This is not my event just helping out.

Info@axholmesigns.co.uk

Thanks

August 7th 2011 Sunday 12 onwards

Burton upon Stather (Near Humber Bridge Scunthorpe Side)

The local villages have restored a WWII ramp into the humber used by the DD tanks for testing before D Day, was used by British and Canadians. Hobart was there and prob Barns Wallace so has some history to it.

They have the only DD valentine tank coming which was there before the war at that ramp, and there will be a small collection of other vehicles, if anyone wants to bring anything along please drop me a email. Should also be some Canadian vets there who where there in the war

This is not my event just helping out.

Info@axholmesigns.co.uk

Thanks

Just a quick point, my Valentine IXDD tank was there at the end of the war and afterwards, not before. I believe it was a reserve vehicle for the Holy Roller tests which was a carpet device carried in front of a DD, used to assist getting out of soft river banks. I am driving it down the "High Street" as part of the do, along with any other vehicles that want to - several have already said they will come but the more the merrier!