Worst war film ever ?

RattlesnakeBob

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched 'Massacre in Rome' starring Richard Burton , really tedious , glad it only cost me 2 quid at the carboot.

Also got ' D-Day the Sixth of June' staring Richard Todd & Robert Taylor , just a romance film , hardly any action. :-(

Edited by stevenivers

• 1 month later...

I once watched a Dolf Lundgren film in which his character was called Warchild. (Bridge of dragons the film was called)

It was very humorous!,............. embarrassing because it wasn't a comedy.

It was so bad we laughed at numerous occasions at the story and acting...

• 10 months later...

All this talk of dams in Iraq reminds me of some friends who went on holiday to Yugoslavia. The natives were great fans of the Rambo films - but the action in one (the second?) was transposed in translation (dubbed) to the Pacific Theatre in WWII to spare Soviet sensibilities... Worst war film I ever saw; hmm... Does Independence Day count?

Well lads, I have heard they are making another dads army. With a WOMAN playing the role of Captain Mannering .

Now we know the country is In state with lots of issues, but this would be pushing the populous of our shores too far.

i for one, would don my tin hat, Zulu spear , and sandwiches and march on Westminster. ( if it wasn't raining of course ).

But I wonder... Does it mean they can't say "they don't like it up 'em" anymore ?

Well lads, I have heard they are making another dads army. With a WOMAN playing the role of Captain Mannering .

Now we know the country is In state with lots of issues, but this would be pushing the populous of our shores too far.

i for one, would don my tin hat, Zulu spear , and sandwiches and march on Westminster. ( if it wasn't raining of course ).

But I wonder... Does it mean they can't say "they don't like it up 'em" anymore ?

Noooooooo thats so wrong leave it alone

Well, your not allowed to Roger people over the radio any more. There goes all the B&W 1950's films then!

Things have changed dramatically since the days of TV such as Dads Army and Love thy Neighbour etc haven't they ! :laugh: .....I happened upon an episode of that daft sort of WW2 comedy series the other night 'Goodnight Sweetheart' and the script did actually surprise me with how 'nudge nudge wink wink ooooh! missus!' it was towards Gays....a prime time TV series would never get away with that these days either :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to disagree, not only do I think that Kelly's Heroes is the best war film ever, it's my favourite film of all time. I like its anti-war stance, its humour and the fact that it's just a cowboy film in khaki...

Hoseman could be joking of course...

Edited by Jolly Jeeper

if Kelly's Heroes is the 'best war film ever' then the bar is set very low, more or less on the ground.........

Absulute rubbish! Perhaps it entertains a lower class of person.

It depends on whether you want war movies that are akin to documentaries, historical epics or just entertainment. As for 'entertaining a lower class of person' - I've rarely heard something so pompous. So stick my honours degree, my published books and my magazine editorships where the sun don't shine. Some people - always with the negative waves...

JC

http://www.cnas.org/blogs/abumuqawama/2010/03/always-negative-vibes-moriarty-why-dont-you-say-something-righteous-and-ho

Edited by Jolly Jeeper

welllllllllll personally..:-\

..... I'd far FAR sooner watch a totally fictious (and yes , maybe even 'daft') war film such as 'Kellys Heroes' over the truly absolutely awful Hollywood tripe that is 'Battle of The Bulge' anyday of the week...

and yes....even if BOTB is supposed to be about a real life actual event...:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2: which it isn't..as anyone that has ever managed to sit through it knows...