War & Peace Show 2011

Smithy

As usual had two days at the show, thus meaning I managed to cover pretty much everything around the show site.

The show itself does seem to get bigger and bigger each year with the Medway Overflow field (situated off Big Monkton's) starting to get a good number of vehicles in also. Although as someone pointed out on the Live thread, there did seem a number of pitches just taken up by tents etc in the other fields. It must be a little annoying, I should imagine, if you are situated in the overflow field and you have a display (as some of the people did) because there didn't seem to be too many members of the public walking around this area. People will say get there earlier and get a space but I should imagine some people just can't!

Anyway enough of that.

Great to meet up with friends both old and new. Hopefully you won't have any more trouble with any crafty crappers called Rufus, Andy (Loggydriver) haha :D

Below are a few pictures from my two days at the show.

020.jpg

109.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

053.jpg

042.jpg

120.jpg

The piece of plant equipment below actually ended up on it's side on Thursday after tipping over in the arena. Thankfully though everything seemed ok once the other Caterpillar pulled it back over!

121.jpg

Edited by Smithy

Some more included some which might not have been seen before on the show scene.

002-3.jpg

This TAC-T below is the only one left of 15 which were built to help provide fire cover to the Harrier's.

162.jpg

041.jpg

126.jpg

Now for some of the desert raiders!

181.jpg

182.jpg

183.jpg

184.jpg

Nice pics, haven't been able to go for a few years, must try harder next year.

Thanks!

Last lot from me for now and probably the highlight of yesterday was the majority of the tracked armour on the site entering the arena including the massive Dragon Wagon.

405.jpg

383.jpg

386.jpg

388.jpg

389.jpg

390.jpg

391.jpg

392.jpg

406.jpg

407.jpg

408.jpg

409.jpg

412.jpg

410.jpg

411.jpg

Finally got to see the ultra-rare Rugged Robin in the flesh, and what a cracking vehicle it is! Even had a drive and I can confirm it is a fantastically manouvreable vehicle, such a pity the in-service reliability issues could not have been resolved. When rain turned the Beltring roadways one evening from grip to slick it was pretty much the only thing able to move around.

The owner wouldn't allow me take it for a swim, claiming the fibreglass body had been permanently damaged by osmosis due to exposure to the South Atlantic seas, meaning it was no longer watertight.

W&P 049.JPG

W&P 090.jpg

Great images lads - very clear and detailed !

Unable to make it back to Blighty this year (1st W&P Ive missed in 14 years !) - so keep them coming, they are appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Steve 82

Had a good week at the show is it me but it seemed a bit quiter with the public on sunday, It is a shame that some add problems with space as posted in other threads why dont the magement alocate spaces in stead of just letting groups just claming a spot and not filling it. The first world war reanaction was exelent including mud. Just like to say thankyou to clive for helping with our dingo problem was intresting to see him at work check things out for us.

Al

looks absolutely fantastic..really loving the Dozers......dunno bout the dead horse though! hehehe!

nice range of armour on display too.....couple I'm not sure of...whats the Brit one with the sort of Centurion turret and sort of Chaffee road wheels?..is it a Black Prince??? nope....maybe Cromwell ????......also the one about 3 or 4 below that .... below the T34s...is that a Soviet tank too?........

Edited by RattlesnakeBob

Nice to see the Priors watching on in this clip......Thanks for sharing

Yes that was after the prize giving. We made our way to the French cafe display just to have sit down. After a few minutes a French lady presented us with glasses of red wine, whilst she sat at another table having tea with her friends. Rather nice surprise.

Yes that was after the prize giving. We made our way to the French cafe display just to have sit down. After a few minutes a French lady presented us with glasses of red wine, whilst she sat at another table having tea with her friends. Rather nice surprise.

Oooo La La! How quirky given my French connection recently to be served red wine by a French Lady.........

In the sunshine I would imagine a nice treat! I am bombing to Shoreham on Thursday so must ring to arrange an RV at Casa Prior.