Aircraft and Transport Fair

Hi folks,

went to the viewing area at Manchester Airport today for the Aviation and Transport Show.

Not many mil vehicles there, infact, there were only 3 landrovers, 2 motor bikes and a RB44, several aircraft cockpits and lots of cars!

Very relaxed and enjoyable day, food prces good in the take away (chips, beans and curry sauce plus bottle water £4.70), toilets very good (permanent ones), hardly any militaria on the stalls, they were mainly aircraft related.

The downside was that if you came in your car, it was £12 parking!!!

A nice relaxed show, shame it wasnt supported by the surrounding MVT areas.

Mark

Copy of DSCF9330.jpg

Copy of DSCF9331.jpg

Copy of DSCF9328.jpg

Copy of DSCF9329.jpg

Hi folks,

went to the viewing area at Manchester Airport today for the Aviation and Transport Show.

Not many mil vehicles there, infact, there were only 3 landrovers, 2 motor bikes and a RB44, several aircraft cockpits and lots of cars!

Very relaxed and enjoyable day, food prces good in the take away (chips, beans and curry sauce plus bottle water £4.70), toilets very good (permanent ones), hardly any militaria on the stalls, they were mainly aircraft related.

The downside was that if you came in your car, it was £12 parking!!!

A nice relaxed show, shame it wasnt supported by the surrounding MVT areas.

Mark

I think its very difficult to attract members of the two local clubs to a new show (I had plans to go elsewhere on both days). The gentleman who visited both local MVT groups made a grand effort to attract military vehicle owners to the show in vain it would seem. In the most part that very same weekend had a show at Ponderosa which I have no doubt attracted some members to it. Some members budget for just for a few shows as they are retired and on limited funds and as its new its just not on there radar. Maybe next year

£12 to park is an awful lot of money to park a car

Edited by ferrettkitt

Apparently this is the 3rd year, forgot to add, the exhibitors got free parking, and driver got into the concorde hall for free, everybody else paid £1.

If you walk to the viewing park, it is free.

I think the price of parking reflects on the fact that it is owned by the airport.

The downside is that whilst the aircraft were open for tours, you still have to pay to in them. Civillian aircraft fans are a different breed I think!

Still, if its on next year, I will be there

TTFN

Mark

Also forgot to add, you cant camp overnight. (I am sure you can understand why!) All kit etc would be safe, armed police patrol the area at night!

Obviously there are numerous hotels etc nearby (travel lodge, premier inn), cant comment on the price.

The guys who run ACE Mobile reeacting group have been asked to run the military section next year, so they will be looking for support.

TTFN

Mark