Hi All

Hi all

Am new to this forum so had better intruduce myself. Am based in Guernsey, Channel Islands, those of you who ventured there for the liberation celebrations in 2010 probably bumped into me, probably in the bar.:-D

Rick (GSYBSA)

Hi Rick, I was with the North Staffs Group during the celebrations in May 2010, we had a fantastic time on the island. I was with the group that stayed in the hotel (Peninsular? ) just along the road from the camp site. I rode my Royal Enfield WD.CO...... its maiden trip after we had restored it. I stayed in the hotel because my wife accompanied me, and she does not like camping. We all had a fantastic time on the island, I loved riding the bike and we were so well looked after by the Guernsey MVT Group........ I have it on DVD and dig it out now and again just to remind myself just how fantastic it was, we would all love to do it all again. :goodidea:

Hi Ray, been meaning to join this forum since then but could never seem to get round to it. Yes it was good to meet you guys from the North Staffs, that was quite a week, shame it could have been a bit warmer. Hope to do a big one again in 2015. Like yourself my bike still had wet paint on it that week but it made it through. Say hello to the guys up there from us on the rock.

Rick

Ah celebrations in St Peter's that night!:-D Current Channel Island question on here is did the Mirus Battery ever fire in anger? www.pathfinderonline.co.uk I'm also after any information on the SS Vega's visits to the Islands. I have ben bequeathed a WC54 still in Jersey at the moment. In the back are two Canadian red cross boxes that came from Carol's family, probably in the last 1945 visit. I'd like to get the info togetehr to send Jack an articale for Pathfinder.

There is also a lot of to and fro to the Western Front by various people here, so the RGR is also of intrest. The picture was taken at Auchonvilliers as part of the 90th Anniversary Rememberance of the First Day of the Battle of the Somme. You may recoginise the two flags in the background.

somme reduced.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

Am new to this forum so had better intruduce myself. Am based in Guernsey, Channel Islands, those of you who ventured there for the liberation celebrations in 2010 probably bumped into me, probably in the bar.:-D

Rick (GSYBSA)

Did you once go by the name Breezeblock many years ago! If so you should not be whistling on a Tuesday.

Regards Ham