Abbey Hill Yeovil 29 April-2 May

It was a good modest sized show, with a good MV turnout. Although I don't think that many MV owners were impressed by the civilian commentator's descriptions for the arena display. My Wolf was described as "just a pick up truck with a hard top fitted".

Only a minor irritation I suppose. There was a good balance of common sense & safety without being draconian in its implementation. There was good & helpful back-up when it was needed.

I should still be at the show still but I've had to limp home after an incident when I leapt out of the back of the Wolf. I tend to forget that the springs have been upgraded for Bowman resulting in the rear being 4 inches higher than the Wolf 90 I used to have. I lost my footing & crashed into the camp chair landing on my back & badly twisting my ankle.

At the time it was pretty painful but what was alarming was the numbness & swelling that followed. After a first aid assessment I was taken to A&E after x-rays & some 4 hours later at 0030 hrs I was collected & returned to site. So many thanks to the organisers for having systems in place to help when it was needed & even the possibility getting me returned home & transport arranged for my Wolf. That wasn’t needed but the thought was there. So many thanks to the organisers, the BRCS unit & WDEG Communications Team who supplied the transport, comms & security.

IMAG0551.jpg

Edited by fv1609

Luckily I had cut my tow nails the night before.:-D

I've now realised I've got lumps on my back, which are bruises from landing on the Chairs, folding or rather Chairs, collapsing.

The incident happened just before I was going to cook tea, by 0030 I was very hungry. Got a tin of vindaloo + some veg lit the gas cooker & it kept going out. So found a stall still selling food, so bought the largest pasty they had. Went back & tried to make a cup of tea & then the cooker worked, so ate the vindaloo as well. A decision I am now regretting;)

But at least I did scrounge some brick-lorry netting which is a pretty good match for my Wolf's "vegetable basket"

IMAG0558.jpg

That ankle looks quite nasty Clive. At least it didn't affect your sense of humor or appetite??

With that vegetable basket on the TUM you will need quite a few tins of Vindaloo to get rid of it all :cheesy:

Where will you stash the toilet paper? :red:

Where will you stash the toilet paper? :red:

Wayne you don't to want know:wow:

Although it was a good test out for the new portaloo. The old one was never quite the same, as a few years ago I topped up with the wrong fluid.

Elsan01.jpg

Elsan02.jpg