Vehicle NAMES and 'CAB ART'

N.O.S.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Leanin' Leana is either a Corbitt Model 50SD6 or a White 666 6-ton 6x6 truck. USA Number 55737.

019-crop.jpg

019-crop-2.jpg

One of the duties of the 925Th Engineer Regiment, 9Th Engineer Command, is to keep runways clear for operational use. Here, a snow plough(sic) removes the snow from a Cub strip somewhere in Belgium. 12 January 1945.

NARA 342-FH-3A05223-73210AC

~Robert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

So as not to upset the ruling masters I had better introduce myself again !

I am Steve H from Ludlow and are not currently involved to much with the MV scene but were there in the late seventies, I painted on my GPW the name Muttley, as at the time it was as much about the driver and vehicle combo I think, we were not so interested in the authenticity as just taking a vehicle to shows and having a many interesting time with the people who had used them as they were meant to be, there were a lot of WW2 servicemen still around and able to tell you many a good story then.

Back to the name and artwork, I named my jeep Muttley as at the time it got a lot of awards for being a tidy jeep, hence the name Muttley, give us a medal, from waky races cartoon show, so as much about the owner as the vehicle.

I suspect some of the artwork during the war was much the same, it reminded folk of home.

Regards

Steve