Centurion Tank unveiled in Leyland

Excellent Stuff & Very nice, but I cant' help thinking of how long it will be before it's defaced/ damaged or has bits stolen off it. If little johnny gets in & climbs on the Tank & falls off & hurts himself. WHO would be liable Etc Etc..........Bloo*y H & S gets involved Etc.....:nut:

Am I cynical?...Or do I live in the REAL world!............:angel:

Why ever wasn't it placed at the entrance to the former Leyland works in Centurian Way?

If you've got a spare £100 quid or so, treat yourself to a night out in the luxury of Farington Lodge at the top of Centurian Way, Stanifield Lane end. Each of the 9 huge bedrooms in the main house is named after British tanks from Cromwell to Challenger

The last time I went up there, TVAC occupied the former Chiefton engine test shop -- TVAC have gone now -- are the workshops still there?

• 2 years later...
They were so tightly packed that you couldn't walk between them.

Nothing unusual. Good RAC drills. We used to pack three Saracen ACVs (later Sultans) four Ferrets and two Land Rovers into a hangar that probably wouldn't have held more than one Panther (I did at the time read that in 1944 Panzer Lehr occupied our barracks, so even though it was called Infanteriekaserne, I imagined it containing armour). If we needed to get from one side of the hangar to the other (note: there were doors both ends), we climbed over the top. If we needed room to work on a vehicle we moved it or its neighbour outside.