Ex HMS Invincible

BIGREDONE

• 2 months later...

very sad indeed...I can only agree with the many reasons already stated.

Not only the gaping hole now left in the nations defences but also as someone said....and speaking as someone that was involved for many years in the 'recycling' trade in this country... I find it absolutely ridiculous there is apparantly not a breakers yard nor company in this country now capable of dealing with our own redudant ships.....

........I have a horrible feeling that we'll regret these years soon enough.....

Very sad - anything else I would want to say will fall foul of the "P" word.

Nimrod - gone

Harrier - gone

Tornado - going

Chally 2 - going

Britain's defence capability ........ ???? :mad:

WTF Chally 2 is getting sold off or scrapped ? when did they anounce this ? they surely cant be getting rid of englands last piece of wonderful engineering its as british as the bulldog and i dont mean the fv432 bulldog :) so after that whats it going to be pitch forks and shotguns for our countrys defense ?

WTF Chally 2 is getting sold off or scrapped ? when did they anounce this ? they surely cant be getting rid of englands last piece of wonderful engineering its as british as the bulldog and i dont mean the fv432 bulldog :) so after that whats it going to be pitch forks and shotguns for our countrys defense ?

Probably lease-lend and thus knackered Leopards !!!