I won

paulob1

I went to show my face at the Bournemouth Air museum to chat about museums so i took along the DAF with MTLB...we won the best military vehicle of the show,...thanks guys...

Hi there, i went along to the show. Not bad, nice vehicles. My three year old daughter said i can buy a bus.

the drops is a brilliant vehicle, its only real fault is the push air connectors which are in continual un push...I used to think 50 mph was too slow but when she rolls down a hill fully laden at 55 I recognise that 50 is enough...scary indeed...

you should have come and have a chat...

Oh I have a bus too, an Optare thingy...lovely air suspension auto box, superb driver...

pictures...

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

I have had the rack welded specially for the MTLB, will be doing a few more modifications to ease loading and securing, want to have two brackets made that basically hold the thing fixed to the rack without chains but maybe using a couple of bolts and brackets...will sort it...right now we have welded two flats for the tracks with an upright tht stps it from slipping side to side and it works a treat, it has less than 1 inch slip either side, and even locked onto the bed solid with four chains doubled up it still slips. So so far it has worked exactly as i planned just want to make the loading job easier without using the chains.or maybe just one chain at the back..

Very tidy! For some reason I was expecting it to be a sandy MT-LBv though...

Looks made for the DAF, just the right size! I always suspected you could get one on a rigid, they aren't that heavy :)

Stone

Hi,

i think you need to nominate your lad as loading assistant :D as witnessed with your restricted view loading was fairly diffulcult especially in front of a crowd.

Nice setup though looked good

Ashley

Hi,

i think you need to nominate your lad as loading assistant :D as witnessed with your restricted view loading was fairly diffulcult especially in front of a crowd.

Nice setup though looked good

Ashley

yes need to teach him how to help, it has to be dead on when loading as there is only 3/4 of an inch either side clearance...

Paul you are a worthy winner the MTLB was so popular to see it working up and down the small arena we laid on for you was superb well done!

I hope you can make the next one 1st October, Photo of the Big moment:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42364[/ATTACH]

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve...

well done, Paul!... are you gonna bring any toys to our 'Overlord Show 2011'. It's 4 day show, free to exhibit, and is on the 27th-30th May, at Denmead Lawns, Denmead, near Portsmouth, Hants.:cool2:

well done, Paul!... are you gonna bring any toys to our 'Overlord Show 2011'. It's 4 day show, free to exhibit, and is on the 27th-30th May, at Denmead Lawns, Denmead, near Portsmouth, Hants.:cool2:

hmm mine are all post war vehicles really so Overlord seems a bit wrong to me...but i could bring along one or two toys, could bring along the Daf with MTLB and Gaz 69. or I could also trundle down the M62 and the Foden loaded with the Stalwart, a zil, a ural, the mtlb the UAZ 452 etc...will give it a bit of thought...