No 19 wireless sets

Good morning everybody, i wonder if any of you could give me a rough guide price for these 2 No 19 sets please. I have had 1 set since the early 80s and the second was bought in the late 80s or early 90s. Both appear to be complete and were believed working at the time of purchase. I had planned owning a British vehicle to mount one of them in but i am now at the stage where i am reducing the number of vehicles so i doubt i will use them. Thankyou, regards David.

No 19 Wireless set 002.jpg

No 19 Wireless set 003.jpg

No 19 Wireless set 001.jpg

Hi David

I have been looking at these for some time now, looking for a working one for our vehicle, and the prices have varied from as low as £150 to over £500 with the highest I had seen at £850, but that was with the whole CES of kit from masts, aerial/antennas, mounts, boxes of spare valves and cables etc. The average working sets with all the basics necessary were about £300-350 ish. Have seen some go really low on Fleabay and others go really silly high but never been lucky to get one at a reasonable price.

There are a few sites that specifically deal with No 19s (canada and here) and if you Google No 19 set you will see them. Once you are set on a price and if any for sale wouldn't mind trying for one. some sites below

www.royalsignals.org.uk

www.qsl.net/ve3bdb

www.vmars.org.uk/wsn19.html

Regards

Gary

Edited by gazzaw
update urls

• 6 years later...
Good morning everybody, i wonder if any of you could give me a rough guide price for these 2 No 19 sets please. I have had 1 set since the early 80s and the second was bought in the late 80s or early 90s. Both appear to be complete and were believed working at the time of purchase. I had planned owning a British vehicle to mount one of them in but i am now at the stage where i am reducing the number of vehicles so i doubt i will use them. Thankyou, regards David.

Hi

As this is a truly ancient post, you've probably long since sold these sets. If not, I would be interested. Are they still for sale?

Regards,

Steve Rawcliffe