stirling sub machine gun

griff66

• 3 weeks later...

Helston Guns have this one,

Picture-047.thumb.jpg

This must be the finest cased 24 carrat gold plated deac avaliable. The famous MK4 L2A3 Sterling Smg, c/w sling, bayonet , scabbard, 34 rd magazine, cleaning rod and 34 dummy rounds, all gold plated! The mahogany presentation case measures 24 x 16 x 5 inches. One only avaliable. Condition superb.

NEW PRICE (Was £4800.00)

Price £3800.00

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Good luck with finding No 80 WP grenades - I'd like even one for my Ferret (without having to sell my house to buy it!).

The last of the No 36 Grenades (Made by Lawn Mower manufacturers, Qualcast; apprarently!)cirica 1972 are getting hard to find too, and the L2 grenades (probably more correct for a mid 80s Ferret) seem to snapped up by reenactors to festoon themselves with!

nah correct mags now need no 36 grenades no 80 smokes and oh yes finish prepping the ferret and paint it should keep me busy for a while!

Smoke grenades for a Ferret?!?!? I drove and commanded Ferret on and off for most of my seven years (75 - 82) and never saw a smoke grenade!

Didn't you see the 30-year Rule disclosures a couple of years ago that we only had bullets for about two days, never mind smoke grenades!

I fired more smoke grenades at BATUS Training Area In Canada, than I did in the Rest of My service! And most of that was in B.A.O.R where it was supposed to be, 'High Profile Deterent in Germany by N.A.T.O Armed Forces'!

Also Charlie G 84mm A/T rounds as well. There seemed to be a HUGE abundance of Ammo there for training. Most of it was out of date & obviously relegated for training. But Ill' tell you what. It worked well, ALL of the time!

We even blew up 2 Tons of 1944 Plastic Explosive (PE4). We stood on the top of a mountain, a bit like in one of those old Cowboy movies. & watched it go up, Bloo*y Hell!!! What a sight to see! A Massive smoke ball INSTANTLY going out & up. Imediately folowed by the blast wave going outwards in a Ring. THEN, the BANG! LOVELY!!!!!! & getting paid to watch & do it all!

More 7.62mm Ball Ammo than you have ever seen in your life! I used to squirt GPMGs & Browing .30" Cals about like they were hosepipes!...Happy Days indeed!! You would NEVER get a chance like that today, Budget restraints, H&S Babysitters, Etc...Etc.... :D

Dummy mills grenades available from Beltring or the web for about £5 each with a haggle. They look the part. Real Mills bombs are big money. There is a guy at W+P every year who sells good ones for £50 each. They were taken out of a lake years ago and have been repainted but all the bits are there and comes apart nicely, made by Gault if I remember correctly.