Awesome RB44 at Withams

LoggyDriver

My mate wants to go and look at the Desert coloured RB44, he might be interested. Is this the one your going to have a look at Stone?

There were two at Withams. One went after a week or so and we bought the other :D It'll make a hell of a nice demo wagon, or just somewhere to put the Birco!

Not sure of condition as my boss went while I was on leave. It had a very new respray (still wet in the engine bay...) so hopefully it wasn't tarted up too much for a quick sale. We could buy a new one every 3 years with the maintenance budget I got approved so it should be ok :cool2: Teaser pic attached. You can see the other one in the distance...

Stone

P1000696.jpg

Very nice. I see they have a GS model for sale that looks as good. Maybe they have started re spraying them so that they can shift them? They have had them for a over a year now and odds are they haven't shifted many.

Yours looks very nice Stone. Must be nice to have a company budget behind you?

Very nice. I see they have a GS model for sale that looks as good. Maybe they have started re spraying them so that they can shift them? They have had them for a over a year now and odds are they haven't shifted many.

I saw the re-painted one a few weeks ago. It looks ok, but there are plenty round the back in just as good condition. Just look out for those with VOR and NO BRAKES written on the windscreen!

Yours looks very nice Stone. Must be nice to have a company budget behind you?

All it means is I don't do such a big gulp when they sting you for transport :-) The disadvantage is that they refuse to negotiate at all if you're talking from behind a corporate email account. I wanted to get something extra just on principle (another spare tyre maybe, some jerry cans?) but there's no point arguing really, and from the company's point of view the price is the price...The main advantage is I still have a few quid allocated for modifications so we can think about reinstating the Dodge 50 disc brakes, f'rexample.

Besides, I haven't passed my test yet so I can't drive it! My licence only has B, B1 and H, RBs are C1.

Just look out for those with VOR and NO BRAKES written on the windscreen!

Bet you the ones with no brakes are the ones with the master cylinder robbed to fix a better one!

I've bribed one of the chaps here (TA, REME but deployed with a light gun reg so they still operate a couple) to get me a copy of the PDFd manuals in exchange for a couple of slabs of beer so hopefully we'll be all set soon! :-D

Stone

Edited by Stone

OH boy!! No such thing as C1 anymore! It's the full LGV or nought! Get that one on the company budget, you're laughing. :banghead: If they give you the oppertunity to do the Driver CPC as part of the course, do it! You won't technically need it as you're main job is not driving but if the muck goes into the air conditioning you can at least do agency work.

Besides, I haven't passed my test yet so I can't drive it! My licence only has B, B1 and H, RBs are C1.

When I start my new job, they are putting me through my Cat D Coach licence (and no, I'm not going to be a coach driver, I will be driving "Green Kit" again:-D:-D) so I will have a Full House on my driving licence except Cat H...:cool2:

Bet you the ones with no brakes are the ones with the master cylinder robbed to fix a better one!

I've bribed one of the chaps here (TA, REME but deployed with a light gun reg

Would that be 100 Field Regt, REME? My best mate was there for 12 years as a Gun Fitter.

Stone

OH boy!! No such thing as C1 anymore! It's the full LGV or nought! Get that one on the company budget, you're laughing. :banghead:

I already failed my Cat C twice on the company budget, it's wearing a bit thin :rotfl:

If they give you the oppertunity to do the Driver CPC as part of the course, do it! You won't technically need it as you're main job is not driving but if the muck goes into the air conditioning you can at least do agency work.

I already passed both theory tests (a year+ ago) so I have another 8ish months to pass the practical before they expire. If they do I'll have to do the CPC, if not I won't...

sirhc: caught on a rare sunny day there! Has anyone got any pics of the signals boxes with the big Clark masts on the roof? Best I could find was a postage stamp from N K Recovery...

Stone

Well, it's arrived...:-D

Needs some sorting (bit of a soggy accelerator pedal, clutch could use adjusting, getting the overspray off the lights, couple of oil drips) but it seems pretty happy otherwise. We even got a Ministry plate in the front with date in service and correct chassis number on so we may not even need the Form 654! It's a lot bigger than I remember (not an lot smaller than the MJ!) so it's currently upsetting everyone by taking up three parking soaces :cool2:

I expect a trip to Borehamwood is in order shortly...

Stone

Does anyone know the P.O.L details and air/oil/fuel filter numbers required?

Apparently the AESPs have all been deleted from the big database already, all except the one about the Starstreak HVM fit :nut:

Failing that, has anyone got the manual I could nab a photocopy of for some folding beer tokens? Cheers :D

Well, it's arrived...:-D

Needs some sorting (bit of a soggy accelerator pedal, clutch could use adjusting, getting the overspray off the lights, couple of oil drips) but it seems pretty happy otherwise. We even got a Ministry plate in the front with date in service and correct chassis number on so we may not even need the Form 654! It's a lot bigger than I remember (not an lot smaller than the MJ!) so it's currently upsetting everyone by taking up three parking soaces :cool2:

I expect a trip to Borehamwood is in order shortly...

Stone

I don't think driving the RB to Borehamwood is a good idea, it s well inside the Low emmision zone, the RB isn't compliant, could be a large fine! see the recent thread under legislation re LEZ and RB's non complience

Edited by Nick Johns

I don't think driving the RB to Borehamwood is a good idea, it s well inside the Low emmision zone, the RB isn't compliant, could be a large fine! see the recent thread under legislation re LEZ and RB's non complience

Misunderstanding, Borehamwood is our closest DVLA office. I'm not driving it there! (isn't there a mod kit for Phaser engines to make them Euro4 anyway? If not the company can always pay the LEZ change if they need to get somewhere...)

When I went on Thursday I discovered that whatever Swansea tell you by phone, a VOSA-issued plate with year of manufacture and date of first registration on us apparently not proof of either! Wasn't too happy with that but I'll try again next week...

Clive: good news! :D

Misunderstanding, Borehamwood is our closest DVLA office. I'm not driving it there! (isn't there a mod kit for Phaser engines to make them Euro4 anyway? If not the company can always pay the LEZ change if they need to get somewhere :D

No they they will not reach Euro 4 compiience, this is whats being discussed on the LEZ thread now

• 2 weeks later...